Shabby Easter Egg


Hello there....what is Easter without Easter Eggs...right?  Well, I have a pretty egg today for you that would make a nice center piece.  And would you believe that this egg started out just as a plastic yellow egg?  This is actually the second year I have been wanting to make this creation and I am so glad I waited as the gorgeous Petaloo Printed Darjeeling Flowerswere the perfect focus point for it, not to mention a little flavor from the Graphic 45 Places in Time Collection.  So, let me show you my pretty egg.  Hope you agree with that.


So the way I created this egg from a yellow plastic egg is that I tore some pages out of a dictionary and using gesso I adhered it to my egg.  Once it dried, I applied Faber-Castell Gelatos, which I smeared with my fingers all over the egg.  It turned out so fun...love the coloring of this egg, don't you?  Anyway, once the egg was shabby chic'ed I added some pretty lace and sheer ribbon from my stash and started layering all the pretty printed flowers.


I also added a pretty tag from the Graphic 45 Places in Time Collection, which I tied on with jute and put some pretty pins in the bow.  Finally I added a pretty Printed Butterfly.


Here is a close up of all my pretty Petaloo flowers, which I added some gesso to shabby up the flowers even more.


Well, hope you are inspired by this little egg and really, it's not that little at all.

Here is the list of Petaloo products I used on this project.

Wild Blossoms x 9 Med. - Soft Green
Wild Blossoms x 4 Lg. - Soft Green
Wild Butterflies x 7 - Soft Green
Accessories - Beaded Hat Pins x 6 - Brown/Green
Darjeeling Mini Mix x 8 - Teastained Purples
Darjeeling Petites x 24 - Teastained Purples


Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,
Blog-signature

Labels: , , ,