Grow with Love


I have a fun canvas to share with you today on the Petaloo blog.  I was so excited to work with Pan Pastels and Petaloo flowers and sure hope you can see that in my project!  I created this for my friends, who are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary.  I thought the sentiment Grow with Love would be perfect fo the occasion.  Here is what I came up with, which is an 8x10 size canvas.


I first gesso'd my canvas and covered it with two book pages and added another layer of gesso on top of it.  I dried it with my heat gun and started applying the Pan Pastels.  I layed a Creative Imagination Samantha Walker doily stencil down in the upper right corner and applied my Pan Pastels to it.  You can see the pretty pattern.


You can see I added some pretty tags to my canvas.  One of my favorite techniques to use with different medias is emboss resist, so that is what I did with my tags.  I first embossed my tags with white embossing powder and I used JustRite Papercrafts background stamps for that:  Elegant Damask Background Stamp and Victorian Tile Background Stamp.  Once I embosssed the tags, I applied Pan Pastels.  For my sentiment I used Thickers letters, which I covered in with black Pan Pastels and added them to my tags.


I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and Light Molding Paste to add the dots in the corner for added interest.  Dried it and added more Pan Pastels to it. I love the raised look.


Finally I colored in my Color Me Crazy Petaloo flowers with Pan Pastels.  I just love how easily they were able to alter my flowers.  I also cut two burlap hearts and partially added gesso to them and more Pan Pastels and that completed my canvas.


Here is the list of the Petaloo products I used on this canvas.
CMC - Darjeeling Coll. Med/Minis x 14
CMC TS Collection x 12
CMC - Foliage asst x 15 - All Whites

Hope you enjoy this canvas creation and try making one of your own using Petaloo Color Me Crazy flowers and Pan Pastels.  You will surely love the process!  Thanks for visiting and have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,

Blog-signature

Labels: , , , , ,