Holiday Card and Gift Blitz with The Rubber Cafe

Hello, welcome to The Rubber Cafe's Holiday Card and Gift Blitz Blog Hop.  Since I am guest designing this month for The Rubber Cafe, I got invited to participate in this blog hop, too.  I love creating anything with Christmas theme, so I thought it would be fun to play with some pretty stamps.

I love creating tags, so I picked up the Ornamental Holiday stamp set, a tag, Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia dies and lots of Ranger Distress inks.  I used Festive Berries, Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo.


So, what I did is using white embossing powers, I embossed my ornaments on white card stock, than cut them out.  I also white embossed the borders and snowflakes onto my tag.  Than I just used my distress blending tool with my inks to cover my whole tag with the colors I wanted to work with.


Once I cut out my ornaments I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo to add depth to them and punched a whole on top and added gold thread and finally using pop dots I adhered them to my tag.  You can see them closer below.  I also added a yellow glittered candy dot in the middle of my star ornament.  I just though it needed it...


The last thing I created for my tag is the gorgeous Poinsettia with the Spellbinders diea and I added some pretty glittered dried flowers, which I just picked up last week at the stamp show.  I also stamped my sentiment onto a strip of cream card stock and added it to my pretty Poinsettia.  One more thing I want to mention is that I added Rock Candy Stickles to my ornaments and also my Poinsettia, which makes this tag so pretty and twinkley and I wish you could see it in person as the picture sure doesn't do any justice to it.


Well, hope you enjoy this tag as much as I do.  Make sure you hop over to The Rubber Cafe's blog and see what others made.  I bet you find all their creations very inspiring and we all can use a little inspiration here and there...LOL

Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hugs,
Blog-signature

Labels: ,