Petaloo: Back to School


It's back to school time, so today I have projects on the Petaloo blog to share with you that you can give to a highschool or college student perhaps. After all they need a little boost about getting back into school, too, right?  With all the pretty color card stock from Core'dinations and the coordinating Petaloo Color Match Series flowers I was bound to make something feminine.  I altered a note book, and made a goodie bag in the shape of a little backpack.  You can put some candy, lip balm, gift card, or special note for that special student.


Core'dinations papers are perfect for embossing and sanding, so both my projects have a little bit or a lot of that.  For my notebook cover I adhered the pink card stock to the front, and painted it partially in with some Gesso and covered it in with Pan Pastels.  I die cut a few beatiful Cameo cutting files by Samantha Walker and used them as a stencil to create a little more textured interes on the front and I ended up using the die cut as part of my decoration as well, which went perfect with my pretty Petaloo Color Match Series flowers.  I also used a butterfly stencil by Creative Imaginations (Samantha Walker design) with the Pan Pastels.  It is very subtle, but I think it turned out quite pretty.  I just love how altering the pink paper turned out.  The pretty doily (Samantha Walker design) and the word "note" were also cut out with my Cameo and I added letter stickers to create the word "take".  The final touch of course was adding the gorgeous flowers, which completed my note book. And let me just share about the spine of the note book.  I embossed my brown Core'dinations cardstock, sanded it off and added some Pan Pastel to it.  You can do so much with the Core'dinations papers, as you can see.


 My second project is a the little backpack bag.  You can find the pattern for it at Splitcoaststampers.  Just want to give a shout out to them, in case you would like to recreate something like this.  I basically cut out the template using the pretty Core'dinations papers, than embossed it and sanded it off.  I love this flower background embossing folder, as it really made my project girlie.  Once I put it together I decorated it with all the pretty Petaloo Color Match Series flowers.  It's like icing on the cake.  I also added some letter stickers to it and pretended that this is my very own little backpack....LOL


 Here is a picture of my backpack from the side.  As you can see it really looks like a backpack.


Products Used for my projects:

Petaloo Color Match Series Flowers
Camelia x 6 (Coredinations) - In the Pink
Asst.Mini floral x 9 (Coredinations) - In the Pink
Asst.Mini floral x 9 (Coredinations) - Love Potion
Asst.Mini floral x 9 (Coredinations) - Mantis Green
Asst.Mini floral x 9 (Coredinations) - Marine Blue
Asst.Mini floral x 9 (Coredinations) - Tulip Yellow

Hope you enjoyed the inspiration with these projects. Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Blog-signature

Labels: , , , , ,