Sunday, January 1, 2012

MFT Teaser Day 6!

Hi there....welcome back again to our January My Favorite Things Teaser days.  Just a couple of more days before we have our release party and you can pick up all these gorgeous and fun new stamps and Die-namics.

Today we are sharing our Pure Innocence line, which is the cutest and I know you all love her.  The one I choose to work with is called Paper Dolls and she has a matching border Die-namics as well called Paper Doll Border.  As soon as I saw this border, I knew I was going to create a background with it, so that is what I did.  I cut out 3 in pink and 3 in black and cream patterned paper by Lilybee Designs.  I just glued them down alternating the pink and the patterned paper cutouts on cream card stock.  I really like the affect and I will probably try out a few more combos with this.


I also used our new Rolled Scallop Flower Die-namics and this time I used it with MFT felt.  Love the sweet affect of the felt flower.  Now, as far as my stitching with my machine goes, I didn't do the missing stitched on purpose, although it is kind of cool and didn't mind it, however if someone has a clue, why a sewing machine is doing this, will you please let me know?  Maybe I need a tuneup?  Who knows.  Anyway, here is the inside of my card.


And here is the list of the Die-namics I used on this card:





Here are the details about the upcoming release on January 3rd at 10 PM EST:

  • You can attend the New Release Party on January 3rd from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can enjoy fun, games, and PRIZES!
  • The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on January 3rd at 10 PM EST.  You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
  • The guest designer contest is ON!  Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics, and play along with the MFT Design Team for a month.
  • If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW.  Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily.  The winners will be posted on January 3rd just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
Thanks for visiting,
Hugs,

Blog-signature

45 comments:

Kelli Jo said...

NO CLUE on the machine!! LOL but that doll border all over the background... SUPER COOL!!! Eva that is an AWESOME idea!!!

Jenny said...

Love the background with the rows of dolls! And the stitching does look pretty cool;) Mine sometimes 'misses' on the zigzag setting, and I think that it has something to do with the tension. Sometimes if my needle is dull, my stitches come out funny as well....and I am a huge believer in yearly tuneups!! hehe! That probably didn't help much, but know you aren't alone;) Another tip- if I have a heavy foot and sew like I drive, my machine misses stitches like crazy...same with to slow- just like driving, it runs best at a medium speed;)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so sweet, love the new pi and the dp you used

Crystal R said...

I really love how the blue really pops out the image used.

Jennifer said...

Eva,

Just GORGEOUS!!! :) What a creative way to use the Paper Doll Border!!!! Love it!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Bridget said...

Eva, love the black accents and the pretty rolled flower - and I'm already a huge fan of the paper doll releases - fab!! No expert on sewing but good ole Mom used to say a lot of stitch problems have to do with tension, like Jenny mentioned! : )

Donna said...

Love your card, the paperdolls are adorable!

Kristy Hansen said...

The background paper dolls really is great way to use the die cut. Thank you for coming up with that ideas and sharing - darling card--ksh

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Just GORGEOUS Eva!! I did a similar treatment with the Paper Dolls border background on my creation today as well. (great minds!) I love the colors you've used! The pop of yellow is simply perfection!!

Big Happy New Year Hugs Friend!!
Meredith

Debbie Carriere said...

Completely adorable!!! LOVE the background!!

Susan said...

What a very cute and unexpected background!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very sweet Eva! Love the paper dolls done up in different papers! Beautiful design! :D

Gabby said...

What a darling PI Paper Dolls card! Nice coloring, great papers, love how you used the die-cuts and the stitching looks neat. :)

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

What sweet PI stamps today!! I love them all!

Lisa M. (aka Lisabee) said...

I love what you have done with today’s teasers! Goodness, but that is just adorable and amazing! The way you chose to make the paper doll strips from the different papers was genius! something so simple, yet it was like a "wow!" moment! LOL!

Lisabee
My Crafting Blog

Angi said...

Awww this is sooo adorable. Happy New Year!

Jan Garber said...

I agree with Jenny, probably ypour machines tension. Although, I think with the zigzag and other decorative stitches, it's just too complex and the stitch doesn't hold with the paper. Just a theory... But your card is aadorable, as are all your projects! These paper dolls remind me so much of the hundreds we cut out as children!

Dawn said...

So stunning! Love the paper doll background!

jan farnworth said...

wonderful card.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a CUTE card! Love how you created the background using all those paper doll die cuts, and that rolled flower is just so fun. Thanks!

Liz said...

How fun the row of the dolls so cute..
As always amazing

Dee said...

These items are on my wish list..... I just placed an order last week & here I go again!!

Shannon said...

Love the way you made the background - perfect with the image and the sentiment!

Papercrafting Beach Bum said...

SO adorable! Love how you made your own background with the paper doll die cut out in the different papers.

Queen Mary said...

Cute background idea! As for the machine, I agree it's a tension issue -- I do not use my fabric sewing machine for paper, I got one of those little Janome machines for paper....

AShu93 said...

The felt rose is really pretty.

TaraG said...

WOWZERS! Eva, I LOVE your card and I love that you made your own designer paper with the border die...it looks fab!!! She is so sweet too! Simply GORGEOUS!!!

Scrapcollectr said...

Super gorgeous! Adorable new die-namics... *smile*

Angel said...

i can NOT sew, my little cheapy Singer machine died on me (don't know how or why), so i can't help you there! but love how fun this card is! always great details!

sharon g said...

Oh my gosh, where do I start? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the paper dolls. I love your papers, colors, coloring, everything... sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com

Trisha said...

Darline card. This little PI is so sweet and love the sentiments.

Wendy said...

Eva!!! This card is a doll, just like you!

Tanya said...

oh so cute! I love your paper doll background, clever and so sweet!

B. Poteraj said...

The paper piecing looks so nice--I like that you used a couple of different papers.

Angie said...

Wow! So much to say about this card! How cool to use the die of the dolls in the background as DP! Love the circle die cut with the sentiment on it....I want to file that away and remember it!!! wonderful card!

zehra said...

Like the background created with the dolls, very pretty, like how the sentiment is adhered

Memories 2 Keepsakes said...

Love how you repeated the doll die for your background. Clever! :)

XoXo,

Katie

Darlene L said...

Really like how you made your own background paper...so cute!

Teresa said...

Fun a great idea for a background! I also like your machine mis-stitch...adds character to the design!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOOOO cute! I love that image with those paper people!!! Fabulous card, Eva:)

JessicaK said...

Love how you used the paperdoll border with all the different papers.

Lisa H. said...

oooo! soooo cool. I've wanted to use that die for a background, glad to see you do it. it's such a pretty card.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

She is SUPER cute!!! LOVE the twine/flower combo too!

Clarissa said...

Sweetest card! The paper dolls are seriously cute!

Flo - Sweetideas said...

Cute card with all the paper doll dies. The little flower is cute too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin