Monday, May 9, 2011

May MFT DT Creative Challenge; Monochromatic Coloring

Hi there, our My Favorite Things Design team has been at it again!  We challenged ourselves again!  When Arlene and I took the Copic Certification class a little while back we thought wouldn't it be fun to have a monochromatic coloring challenge?  So today that is what we are doing.

I have only done monochromatic coloring once, so it was a little out of my comfort zone, but I managed somehow.  I have always loved the Scandinavian coloring method, so that is what I went for and here is the card I created using Claire Keay - You Had me at Woof.


I used My Minds Eye papers for this little card, I really loved it with my coloring.   In case you are interested in what colors I used, here is the list:

E41, E43, E44, E47

Here is the inside of my card:


And here are the Die-namics I used to create this card:
 
 
And now hop on over to Kim's blog to see the line up of all the designers so you can hop over to see what AMAZING projects everyone created.  I know you will be blown away by the creativity of our team!


Thanks for visiting and have a FABULOUS day!

Hugs,

Print

20 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so amazing, I love what you've done here. The E's work perfect with the dp and the whole challenge.

LouDotMac said...

This is gorgeous - I love the monochrome image - sorta looks sepia!! So cool. I love the whole layout of your card, and the inside is perfectly decorated too!!

Thanks for sharing, xo Lou.

StampOwl said...

loving the sepia colors

Inge said...

Gorgeous coloring and fab card Eva! Love the inside of the card too... woof;-)

Arlene said...

Love the browns Eva, you really ROCKED the monochromatic! Your card is adorable! ♡

Jaime Olaer said...

thanks for sharing. I think it would be beneficial if you have a free ebooks for this blogs.

Joanna McDonald said...

absolutely gorgeous!! What a beautiful technique! Thanks for
sharing!

wearestampers said...

What a cute image and sentiments! Lovely card using monochromatic theme!!
Pam

Tinkerbeth said...

Just beautiful coloring, and I love the little borders on the inside!

Erin Smetak said...

I love your monochrome color scheme! Beautiful card!!!

Wendy said...

I love that you coloured him mono but added a bit of colour to the card, very smart! And the clouds are such a great touch!

Megan said...

I love how the dp pops with this. The image is totally perfect and so is your coloring!

Jingle said...

This is so stinking adorable! So much to love about it! Those felt clouds are fabulous!

Lisa H. said...

oh.my. cuteness! Eva....this is one fantastic card. great work with the challenge.

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

W.O.W. Eva! This is OUT of this world girlie! GORGEOUS coloring!!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Eva...ummmm...EVA!!! This is WOW WOW WOW....

I'm in simple AWE of your amazing talent!! This card is glorious and outstanding. It is perfection!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Kim said...

Wowsers Eva!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely cute! Love it!

Angie Blom said...

Beautiful colouring.. I just love the design of this card. Amazing Eva.

Michele Boyer said...

FABULOUS! I love the little tags!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin