Friday, December 24, 2010

Friends with Flair - Happy Holidays!


Happy Christmas Eve day!

 I can't believe it's a day before Christmas. Memories of my childhood are coming back as I am writing this post. I remember going to Church for Christmas Eve service and when we came back, Little Jesus had been there and he brought us presents. Yes you read that right. In Hungary we have Santa coming on December 6th and on Christmas Eve (in my family anyway) Little Jesus brings presents while we are in Church. I remember walking back from church and the streets would normally be very icy and for a little girl, it was a long walk back home. I also remember my coat for some reason so vividly. It was a little rabbit coat, black and white and so cute, I can almost see myself as a little girl...hehehe.

Memories, they sure are sweet.......so what are your memories of Christmas Eve?

Today I have two Unity Christmas cards to share with you.  One was made for Michael's boss, as his department gave him a gift certificate, and I was volunteered to make a card to go with it...LOL...notice the volunteered word there??? LOL....but I don't mind...I enjoyed making it.  So here is his card.  This card was made with the November Unity KOM and Cosmo Cricket papers....I so enjoyed again playing with my KOM.  I have quite a few I had no chance to touch yet, so this was SUPER fun to play with.


Here is different angle showing all the layers..


And my second card is made for more of his colleagues and I heard they were loved, so I am happy.  I enjoy making cards for people, who appreciate it, don't you?  For example, I gave a medley of my cards to our friends as their Christmas gift.  They love them so much, they display them all on their mantle...it makes me so happy, as they have a BEAUTIFUL home and my little cards are displayed so happily there.  I always enjoy going over to their home visiting my cards...hehehe....I feel like I have visitation rights to my babies..LOL.  This card uses the September Unity KOM...again one that didn't get inked up yet, but no more..hehehe....and the papers are the gorgeous Girl's Paperie papers.  And here is the card.  


And here is the angle showing the layers.  I discovered, that I like photos of my cards showing the layers.  I just lay them down and take a picture from the side...so I ask you, do you like that angle photos?  Would you like me to keep doing that, or should I not bother???  LOL....


And before I go, check out this FABULOUS sale Unity is having!!!  Now is the time to pick up some FUN stamps!!!  Click on the picture and it will take you to the sale items!



Well, that is it for today.

 Hope you enjoy the MAGIC of CHRISTMAS EVE!  Wishing you a BEAUTIFUL day as ALWAYS!

Much LOVE and HUGS,
Print

15 comments :

hilde janbroers said...

love your cards!! beautiful!

Scrapcollectr said...

No wonder they are displayed on mantles...they are fine art! *smile* Yes, keep doing your angled shots...they really give the best view of the layers. Happy Holidays!

Lori said...

These are gorgeous cards, Eva! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

marilyn said...

Beautiful cards! Yes, I love the layer views. Have a magical Christmas!

Margie H said...

Hey, stranger!!
I've been lurking but wanted to come out to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas :)

My memories of Christmas Eve is attending candle light service with my girlfriend and her family. Then afterwards, their family had a huge holiday party...so much fun.

Love your cards as always! Yes, keep up the angle shots - they help when you can't seem them IRL.

PEACE & JOY, Eva!! xo

Anne said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the sparkly poinsettia and the stitched layers on the first one. I DO like to see the side view of your layers. It gives a better look at your cards than just the front view:)

shuggy said...

growing up, there were three families that got together every christmas eve. we took turns going to each other's house for the party. at the end of the night, we would gather outside and check the sky to watch for santa's progress. i still look out at the sky each christmas eve and think of that!!

jennifer mitten said...

I don't blame your friends for displaying your cards - they are works of art!

Andrea said...

Great cards! Love the dimension! Merry Christmas!

Emily Leiphart said...

Two stunning cards, Eva! I love all the sweet colours and layers, especially the way you cut out the frame and centred the poinsettia on top. Merry Christmas!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

What a joyful day to visit! I loved reading about your childhood memories.

Oh, and I love your cards from any angle! :)

Merry Christmas!
lisa a.

Heidi Van Laar said...

SO gorgeous Eva! I just love the rich colors!

Merry Christmas my friend!
(-:>* Heidi

Linda said...

love your cards!! beautiful my friend and Merry christmas to you!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Nancy B said...

Very pretty! Love the layers, I need to remember to do that too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin