Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Favorite Things Teaser Day 2

Hello there...it's Day 2 of My Favorite Things Teaser Days. But first I want to wish you Happy Halloween!!!  Hope you have a fun filled day with lots of Trick or Treaters... I sure hope we get some Trick or Treaters...of course I have yet to get some candy for them, but the day is early...hehehe.

Anyway, today I have two cards to show you with two different sets.  And as I was making my cards, I was wishing I had picked up the dies to go with my design...but now they are on my wishlist and will be probably getting some of them at the release time.  WOW, I am so loving the new dies that were showcased yesterday, aren't you????

Well, let me share my first card with you, which I made with the Happy Thoughts set.  When I first saw the sentiments on this set, I could have sworn they were just made for me.....I LOVE everything HAPPY, so this set will be very much loved and used by me, that I know.  I actually created a card with it, that could be used for weddings, or really just to give someone you wish happiness to, which I wish everyone...hehehe. And I just had to use my Polka Dot Greetings Die-namics to put my sentiment in.  Love that it fits perfect!


Earlier this week I went to one of the LSS and found these amazing Glitz papers, OMG, I fell in love with them right away, so I used a little of them and paired them up with the tiny bit of hounds tooth patterned Pink Paislee paper I had left.   I also used some dry embossing with a brand new folder by Sizzix and added some pretty Prima bling.  And nowadays I can't stop creating without my favorite MFT Rolled flower die-namics....I am literally in love with this little thing.  It's perfect size to put in the middle of a bow, that is why you see it on my cards so many times...hehehe.

And now onto my second card.  It is showcasing the You Spin Me Additions stamp set and I scratched my head a few times before I came up with what I am showing you today, only because....gasp....I don't have the You Spin me die-namics...boohoo.....I should have picked it up last time I made a purchase...silly me...hehe...  Than I started making my card and the banner idea came to me, and I was wishing I had the banner die....LOL...now that has been totally added to my wishlist and will be purchased at release time for sure...hehehe...one can not live without banners, right?  Well, take a peak at my little card.


I used Crate papers on this card, they just make me happy....see, I told you happy is a big theme in my life...hehe.  I used from the You Spin Me Additions the little ginger bread, candy and candy cane stamps...aren't they just adorable???  And I tell you, you DO NEED THE BANNER die-namics....I was super happy that I was smart enough to buy the Snowflakes die-namics, as it made this card even more special, don't you think???  The sentiment I added is from the Emma Celebrates the Season I shared my card with yesterday. And in case you are wondering what is that shape in the back ground, it's another Samantha Walker Silhouette digital cutting file, which I LOVE!

Well, that is it from me today.  Be sure to stop by Kim's Blog around 11am EST. She'll have the full line up of teaser posts today. Here's a few other things you should know! Always LOTS going on during release week!
  • Guest Designer Contest posted in the MFT forum. Play along for your chance at winning the Guest Designer Spot and the full release of new stamps!  (Psssst....you must try out for this!!!!)
  • Release party in the Forum on Wed. Nov.3 at 8pm
  • Leave comments on all teaser posts for a chance to win NEW stamps from this release. You never know who has the secret blog candy each day!
Have a lovely day!
Print

31 comments :

Vanessa Middleton said...

Both of these cards are beautiful, Eva. I always love your work though!!! I want to order some of those MFT dies. I was shopping on their site a couple of days ago but decided to wait a few more days until their release to place my order so I can get a couple of other things and qualify for free shipping. :)

Kelly Landers said...

I adore this one Eva!! Super cute job!! Love it!!

Donna said...

super cute!

Cathy said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love that Glitz PP too. I'm hoping to get some at my LSS without mail ordering them. If I can't get them soon, I'm gonna have to break down and order them.

Have a great Sunday!

g said...

i so love this- those little images and bright colors are so fun! love your ribbon treatment & the snowflakes too- such a great card!

g said...

your Happy Thoughts card is sooo gorgeous- i love it too!! i adore b/w houndstooth with pink! fabulous scallops-all the dienamics on this one look amazing!!

Kary said...

Lovely cards!! My fav is your 2nd card. It's so fun, I like the banner with all the little icons, the snowflakes plus that red ribbon is awesome.

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful cards - both of them are simply outstanding! You are doing a great job with the guest designer spot!

Kelli said...

Look at you go!!! WAHOO!!!!! Both of your cards are GREAT I too skipped the spinner die! LOL And as far as that banner die... coulda fooled ME you didn't have it, NICE JOB making it work!!!!

That is TOTALLY cute!!!!

Vickie Z said...

Both are gorgeous cards, although I am a little partial to the first one... love the houndstooth with the pink dp and all those layers!!

Megan said...

That swirl is fab. u. lous. Perfect pairing of paper, stamps, and colors. Totally, totally perfect. The banner on the second one is great too!

Lea L. said...

These are awesome!! Totally loving that fabulous banner on the second card!! ♥♥♥

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards--I esp like the houndstooth flower.

raduse said...

Oh my word!!! What a fantastic way to use the banner die-namic!!! Both samples are totally amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I absoultly love your cards. the first one is awesome. I love the paper and the beautiful flower. WOW

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful Eva...Love that hounds-tooth on the first, and the sweet little banner on the second is darling!!

jpmayo said...

Eva, these cards are so gorgeous!!

Leslie said...

Eva I love that houndstooth rolled flower die-namic! I never would have thought to use it with houndstooth DP! Great idea and beautiful card.

Lisa H. said...

wow! Eva...these are fantastic! seriously, that banner is great with the little pieces from the spinner addition set-brilliant! great work-like always!

lilscrappers said...

LOVE IT!

Janet S said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Your cards ROCK! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us during Day 2 hopping. :D

Cindy Haffner said...

Eva, your work is so BEAUTIFUL!!!

starqueen said...

Hi Eva,
Your sweet banner card makes me HAPPY!! I love that Crate Paper paper, too.
Thanks for sharing!

scrappintlc said...

All that color, what fun your cards are.

JessicaK said...

Fantastic card duo - amazing! that banner dienamics card turned out just amazing.

Zarah said...

Your cards literally takes my breath away!

Barbara said...

Both cards are simply gorgeous, Eva!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous!

Michele Boyer said...

Both of these are fanTASTIC!

Jessie/knightrone said...

O. m. gawd....WOW!!

Karen said...

OMG...these are stunning cards!!! I've so enjoyed playing catch up now that the PC is back, this week to seeing all your MFT creations!!! :) You've created some amazing creations with these stamps Eva!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin