Monday, October 25, 2010

H{ippity} Hop Monday!!

Happy Monday.....did you have a nice weekend????  We did...Saturday it was raining and since I was prepared for the rain I made Taco Soup....yummm....we both love it.  Have you ever had it?  I got the recipe long time ago, when I used to go to Weight Watchers and it's a favorite for sure.  Let me know if you would like the recipe, I will be happy to share. :)

Anyway, today IS Kelly's official Birthday, so Happy Birthday Kelly!!!  Yesterday we showcased flowers we made for her and today it's Kelly's challenge time and she picked Birthday cards as the challenge, so this week make Birthday cards to participate in the Ippity Challenge.

And here is the card and the flower I made for Kelly, which I am finally shipping out today along with a few other very late cards....but at least they will be on their way, so that makes me happy!


I used this week's CPS sketch challenge for this card, which was perfect for what I had in mind, and I don't know if you are following Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking Holiday edition on Twopeasinabucket, but she had an awesome tutorial how to make these flowers.  She used Clear Embossing powder on them to make them look like acrylic....love that!  I used Crate Paper's Restoration papers, except for the leaves, which are from their Christmas collection.  I also used my newest Martha Stewart acquisition...LOL....Karen told me they had them 40% off, as I was picking up the pipe cleaners for my flower, so I couldn't resist this pretty design and the price was just right.

Remember,  there is a PRIZE now involved in the Hippity Hop?  If  you want to win make sure you leave a comment on every DT member AND the Hippity Hop participants blogs!  Isn't that awesome???  The winner will be announced on Hip Hop day this Thursday!!!  So make sure you spread some love everywhere you go....never know, where the winner will be picked from.

Well, that is it for today!  Wishing you a LOVELY Monday and a FABULOUS week!

Hugs,
Print

48 comments :

Karen said...

So so beautiful Eva...and I just love how you embossed on the flowers to look like acrylic..very cool!

Erika said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love the flowers. So pretty!

Lisa H. said...

ooo, the card is just as pretty as the flower. Love it, Eva. You might as well share the Taco soup recipe, sounds yummy! I make a chicken tortilla soup, wonder if it's similar. we can swap recipes is they are different! enjoy the day!

Rae C. said...

Both card and flower are awesome! Kelly will be so happy to be sure!

Angie Blom said...

WOW.. this is just amazing. I loved the flower but the matching card is just stunning.. beautiful colours!! Kelly is going to love it!!

StampinCathy said...

Your card and flower is so bright and cheery and just perfect for Kelly! What a fabulous person so celebrate.

Bogner's said...

What a beautiful card! I love those rolled flowers and that border punch is so cool! Just beautiful!

Jen said...

These are both beauty's Eva! So colorful and awesome...love those rolled flowers...I'm gonna have to try them!

jpmayo said...

Gorgeous and HAPPY card, Eva!
I really, really love that border punch, great buy!

jmahugger said...

Love your flowers & Card!! Great choice of bright & Colorful DP you used!!

jmahugger said...

Love your flowers & Card!! Great choice of bright & Colorful DP you used!!

Jingle said...

GORGEOUS card and GORGEOUS flower!!!

Katie said...

Just gorgeous, Eva!!! I always love your creations! I will have to check out Jennifer's tutorial, TFS! Hugs and Happy Monday! Katie

Susan B. said...

Just beautiful! Love how you mix colors and patterns.

dahlhousedesigns said...

I just loved your flower from yesterday and your card is a perfect addition. Love it!

lisa a.

shuggy said...

love the flowers!

Banu said...

Gorgeous card. Awesome colors. Those flowers are just way too cute.

Kelly Spivey said...

OMG! These are just beautiful! I love the flower and the card!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

OMG-as if that flower wasn't GORGEOUS enough, this card is AMAZING!!! What a beautiful, beautiful set of rolled flowers and gorgeous layout!

Lone Pine Designs said...

I love those flowers....so creative!

Kelly Landers said...

Eva this is an amazing card!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! I am thrilled about the bright colors and the whole layout of it, but most importantly that you took the time to make it for me!! You are so, so special to me!! I am thankful we are friends and you are one person that I call a truly dear friend!! I love you like a sister and I could get a big old hug from you!! I miss you!! ♥

Crystal Cantu said...

Amazing colors and an amazing card and flower. Wow!

Chautona said...

Stinkin' cute! I love it! Well done!

Martha said...

ahhh this is gorgeous!
those flowers are amazing.

Rona said...

beautiful card - I love the flowers out of that patterned paper!! Great idea!!

Brittney said...

Love this card - so pretty!

Mary Friederichsen said...

This is beautiful Eva!!
Love those flowers. Since it is raining again today I think I will try these! And maybe the soup!

Thank you for sharing!

Tabitha said...

I love those flowers! I will be trying that out soon. Thanks for sharing, I follow you now. ;0)
tabitha4cm at yahoo dot com

The Paper Princess said...

I love these flowers! Definitely gonna check out that tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, the colors in this card and flower!!! So, so, so pretty!!! I love it, beautifully made!!

Hugs, Wendy

Cherie Averill said...

Beautiful card! Your flowers are gorgeous! Now I think I need that punch!

Carisa said...

beautiful flowers & card! i love making these rolled flowers.

Ida said...

This is divine. Love the flowers both on the card and the one you made. So bright and cheery.
The Taco Soup sounds yummy, do send the recipe. Hugs

quilt4fun2 said...

The embossing powder is a cool look. Thanks for the hop and a chance to win!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg these are amazing love the colors love the flowers Kelly is going to love these!!!!

lynn said...

beautiful card and flowers, eva! love the mix of papers and colors!

stampjourney said...

Taco soup is a favorite, for sure! Love your paper flowers and the fun border you used!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Stunning card Eva! Love the fun bright colors & 3D flowers! I am sure Kelly will be thrilled to receive this beauty!

symbelly said...

lovely flower and card.
i love the flowers on the card,
thanks for sharing the tutorial link.

bharsch said...

So pretty Eva, I like to make these kind of flowers too

Tina

Jennine Chambers said...

absolutely beautiful!

Scrapcollectr said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely....both types of flowers rock! *smile*

Kristi said...

More fun flowers!

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful card and flower :) I love your new Martha Stewart punch, and those flowers are so cool!

Jenniwren32 said...

Gorgeous set, Eva!!! Love the bright colors!

Lillian Child said...

So gorgeous, Eva! The Crate Paper Restoration papers are so vibrant and beautiful!

I would dearly LOVE if you would share the WW Taco Soup recipe with me. Thanks so much.

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous flowers! Really cool card!

Romaine said...

I love the colours on the papersand the flower is sooo pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin