Monday, August 2, 2010

H{ippity} Hop Monday

Happy Monday!  I am back from CHA, however this is still a pre-post, as I am on my way driving up to San Jose with my son!  Whoohooo...We are taking up a lot of my crafting supplies, as it seems I will be spending more time there then in Southern California, so it just made more sense to have my goodies up there.  We are taking one of my big folding tables, my stamps, punches, Silhouette, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, a printer, and who knows what else is in the trunk...hehehe..whatever we could fit!  I am excited about our drive, we have such a good time together and he is staying until Friday, so we will take the next three days and have a little vacation and cruise around San Francisco and the beach cities, who knows what we will be doing..hehehe...all I know is that we ARE going to do lots of fun things!  The only thing is that Michael will have to work, so he won't be able to join us...boohoo....

Anyway, today is MY challenge day on the H{ippity} Hop and I am challenging you to create a Christmas card!  BUT and here is the BIG BUT!!!!!!  Guess what???  We are celebrating our sweet Maria's Birthday today, so we took over the hop and made her a Birthday card.  I actually gave my card to her at the Supershow...hehehe...sneaky me...hehehe...so she already got it, but didn't know we are doing this..hehe...I love surprises, and I am pretty sure she does, too.  Anyway, here is my card and I will have a tutorial on this coming up this Thursday!


And since this card is for Maria...how could I not add gingham ribbon????  It's her signature, for sure and I love it, too!

Anyway, hope you like it, too.  And I do hope you will participate in the challenge and make a Christmas card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Hugs,
Print

20 comments :

dahlhousedesigns said...

This just screams Maria!!! I know she will love it. Have a wonderful time this week!

lisa a.

Lisa H. said...

wow~! that gingham ribbon is beautiful and so is your card design. LOVe that wavey edge-Maria will LOVE it!

StampinCathy said...

How exciting taking a road trip with your DS and to get get some of your goodies. I'd say that is for sure 2 in 1 package. :) Your card is beauiful and inspiring.

creative patti said...

Have a fun and safe Vacation. Loving the Card, Maria is sooo luck to get this. Can't wait for your tutorial!!! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Stunning card Eva!! I love the red little flower!! I had a blast meeting you at CHA!!!

Bogner's said...

Beautiful! Love all the felt. Great colors and love how you did the sentiment!

Aleks said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the colours and everything about it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVE it! Super cute! And the gingham ribbon/polka dots paper is TOTALLY Maria;)

Andrea said...

So cute! I love the gingham with the dots!

Maria Gurnsey said...

WOW!!!! I had no idea and I'm so glad I have this beauty in my hands :) You are an AMAZING women and I miss you so much...love you :)

Rona said...

This is a beautiful card!! Hope you have a great time with your son!

{jennie} said...

Beautiful creation! I'm sure Maria loved it!

Carisa said...

awesome card - i just love it!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Lovely...I love all the layers...just gorgeous!

FibreJunky said...

What a great card for Maria's birthday! So perfect for her!!

Kelly Landers said...

What a treat to have seen this card in person!! It's a real beauty!! I hope you and Shawn are having an awesome time together!

Angie Blom said...

This is just Beautiful. Maria will just love it!!

Karen said...

Another gorgeous card; I love the colors and I'm a huge fan of gingham. Have a great time with your son. Very unexpectedly, I am also in California for the week with my daughter! So excited to be here.

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Lovely card!

Karen said...

gorgeous..and even more so in person, as I was lucky enough to see!

hugs,
miss you roomie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin