Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hip Hop!

Happy Thursday and Hip Hop!  I am still on vacation with my son, we have been having fun these past couple of days.  Monday we drove up to San Jose, which was fun, except half way up our freon leaked out of our A/C and it was like 104 degrees, but thankfully somehow it managed to still stay semi livable in the car, so all was good.  By the time we got to Gilroy, it was around 80 degrees, so we didn't melt..hehehe.

Day two started with us taking the car to the shop, and took Michael's car for the day.  We visited Half Moon Bay, which was cloudy and cold and we quickly got back in the car and drove to Santa Cruz to visit the Boardwalk, which was super fun!  We had a wonderful few hours there, walked a lot, the weather was perfect, had a great lunch and just enjoyed every minute of it!

Today, we went to San Francisco and it was another cool day, but we had the best time ever!!!!  We both fell in love with San Francisco!!!  Went to Chinatown, walked in and out of shops and had so much fun looking at galleries and finally had a great lunch! From there we were going to head to the Exploratorium, but the parking was crazy and then we saw the lines and quickly decided we better go to Fisherman's Wharf and save the Exploratorium for another day, but before that we went to Golden Gate park and saw the Golden Gate Bridge...WOW...so beautiful!!!  Finally arrived to Fisherman's Wharf and bought a bunch of yummy salt water taffies, this store had 60 flavors!!!  Can you believe???  So from there, we visited the Wax Museum, which was pretty fun as well.  We really had a great day today..

So, that is how I spent my week till now with my son...love every minute of it!  Tomorrow we might go see a Gengis Khan exhibition in San Jose and might go back to Half Moon Bay if the weather is nicer, but we shall see.

Anyway, I better share my card for today..hehehe...I made this before CHA, and here it is.


Hope you like it....

Now hop on over to Karen's blog and see what beautiful creations she has waiting for you.




Have a lovely day and fun with the hop!
Hugs,

Print

26 comments :

creative patti said...

Love every little detail on this card. Great Job and have a super great Vacation...

jennifer mitten said...

Gorgeous!! And you used my all-time favorite sentiment.

StampinCathy said...

So glad you are having a great time with your son. Your card is just breathtaking and so inspiring.

Lisa H. said...

another beautiful card. great use of the doilie, really pretty.

Linda A. said...

Oh! One of my favorite JRR Tolkien quotes! I have *got* to get that!!! Thanks for the inspiration and a fun blog hop this morning!

Jasmine said...

Sounds like a really fun vacation to me!! Beaching weather and lazy days....couldn't ask for more! Your card is beautiful, and I love that quote...one of my favorites of all time!

MrsETaylor said...

This is one of my favorite sentiments ever Eva. You are such a beautiful individual, and I'm truly blessed to have met you. Huge canadian hugs

Angie Blom said...

Beautiful Eva.. sounds like you are on an adventure exploring all parts of the city.. how wonderful to have your son with you. I love your card.. beautiful details.

Pinky said...

I just adore the paper doilie I need to make more cards and STAMP!!!

FibreJunky said...

Love it! And even more so, I love the travelogue. I really miss California!

So...my question is...how many miles away from Gilroy were you when you could first smell the garlic?

JPScraps said...

Beautiful card Eva! Sounds like you're having an interesting, fun vacation!

Suz said...

what an awesome card love all the different patterned papers and details

NoraAnne said...

Oh, what a full day of so many fun things!!!!! I hope the rest of your time is equally as great (minus the car in the shop-UGH!) Love your card, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!

Marcy H. said...

Stunning card! Glad you are enjoying your time with your son.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous card!!!

Erika M. said...

Your card is fabulous! Hope you're having tons of fun on your trip!

Charlene said...

Very pretty card!!! Enjoy your trip! I LOVE San Francisco!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY--Eva--you are AMAZING! I love it! I love it! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! Everything about it:) As always--LOVE IT!

Linda said...

Eva
you cute is just love I love paper and awsome colors. I can feel the love poor of this super cute card!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!!!! So detailed! I love the cut out flower....

Rona said...

love it!! that flower stamped on the DP is so fun!!

Kathy Martin said...

This is beautiful! Love your cut out flowers! :)

Sherri Thompson said...

Gorgeous, Eva!

Ola said...

Very beautiful card.... love it! I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful, it sounds like you're having a blast!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Jen said...

Wow, you are really a great tourist this week Eva...how fun to do that with your son!!! This card is so pretty...lovely and chic...love it! enjoy the rest of your trip!

Liz said...

Gorgeous this is fab so glad you and Ds are having a blast.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin