Monday, April 26, 2010

H[ippity} Hop!

Happy Monday!!!  Hope you had a lovely weekend!  I had a great one, as I met up with my sweet friend, Karen.  We were going to have a birthday lunch for me, but silly us, we turned it into an 8 hour escapade...LOL..  Leave it to us to get lost in time!  We met up to eat, then went to Michaels, to Joann's to Scrapbook Oasis, to two more Michael's....hehehe...are you with me still???  Than we went to Barnes and Noble, looked through The Pioneer Woman cookbook, just to decide we both want to and need to loose weight...hehehe.  Finally we picked up the Go-to Sketches magazines and went through the sketches in it with fine tooth comb.  We didn't buy it, but we loved it... So, now you wonder, we must have spent a ton of money?  Well, no, not at all....We lucked out and Joann's had the EK success punches 40% off, so I picked up two, which I have been wanting forever, Karen picked up a few (not saying how many...LOL, mums is the word).  But most of the time we were hunting for a quilling tool, which we never even found.  All and all, we had such a fun time with lots of giggling....Sigh...I wish we could do this more often...

Anyway, today, our DT is challenging you with home made flowers, so I had a little fun creating a few flowers this past weekend, and this card came together pretty quick....Ummm..not as quick as Lisa's cards do (sheesh, did you read about her Saturday on the Ippity blog?? She creates her gorgeous cards in 20-30 mins!! Yikessss...I guess I am a total slow poke...LOL).  Well, today I can say this card took me about 40 mins...how about that???  Hehehe.  Anyway, here it is and I hope you like it..



Details of this card:
Cardstock:  Stampin Up, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee
Stamps:  Ippity Stamps
Ink:  Ranger Distress ink, Powderpuff
Ribbon:  Fabric Barn
EK Success border punch (my new favorite!!)
Button from my stash

Well, that is all I have for you today!  Hope you play with us in this new challenge!  

Hugs,
Eva

26 comments :

StampinCathy said...

This is just one stunning and inspiring card. Love your style of flower too.

jennifer mitten said...

Gorgeous card, as always!!!

Theresa said...

WOW, this papery flower really 'sings'out! Just love all your work. So very pretty and feminine.

Tina said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love your work!!

Heather said...

Girlio? This is absolutely FABIO!!! Not like the romance novel Fabio, but in actually FABIO!!!Love the entire card! From the colors to the details to the flower to the sea? Anyways! LOVE this!

JenMarie said...

This is AMAZING!
...and Happy Birthday!!!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Eva! That flower is AMAZING! Love it and your card is gorgeous!

lisa a.

Lisa H. said...

awwww! your card is wonderful and THAT FLOWER!!! it's GORGEOUS!!!! you made me giggle about my time to create a card-that doesn't count HOW LONG I thought about it in my head (ummmm, all day in some instances! lol!). tfs, you always inspire me!

Chris said...

this is beautiful!! love your flower and these colors look wonderful together!

Maria Gurnsey said...

WOW...another beauty! I love the pop of read with all the soft colors..gorgeous :)

Shirley said...

Love your card...especially the flower!!! It really pops!

sfread171@hotmail.com

Elisabeth said...

So beautiful!

Kathy Martin said...

Woweeee! So much lovelyness and color! :)

lynn said...

that music flower rocks, eva!

{jennie} said...

Love the card! And the flower is stunning!

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful paper piecing! Very pretty card.

Kelly Landers said...

What a wonderful card and simply gorgeous flower that you made. I really love how it turned out!! I am like you... Lisa is amazing to be able to put out her beauties in no time like that!! :-)

Eryn Hagen said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS!! WOW, I just love your style...this card is so...well, gorgeous! LOL! AND that flower is amazing! Sounds like you and Karen had a wonderful day...thanks for sharing the details, it was so fun to read!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This card is so gorgeous Eva!!!

Susan B. said...

Beautiful card Eva! Love the border punch you used!

Shauna said...

Sounds like the perfect day for any card-maker (or any artsy/crafty person, really)!
I LOVE that card you made. The layers are fabulous and the colours are perfect.. not to mention the flower. It's the perfect touch of elegance.

Liz said...

stunning

Rona said...

beautiful - love the flower

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love that flower--and this entire card! Great job! Can you please teach me how to be crafty and how to take great pics??? PLEASE!! LOVE your stuff:)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Such beautiful papers, althog I think everyon has said it=that flower...OH MY WORD! Absolutely STUNNING Eva!

Beate said...

Wow! Eva! Every card of yours makes my jaw hit the floor. Absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin