Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hip Hop!

Hello everyone..great Thursday to you!!!  Hope your week has been great, but now it's even better as you get to see some pretty eye candies during the hop.  And in case you are just arriving on my blog you should start with the Unity blog, because that is where it's all beginning.

Today my card is based on the Unity sketch, which I just loved and I used a special technique Beate shared on her blog yesterday, which was acrylic resist.  If you haven't seen it yet, and want to learn how I created the blue background piece, make sure you check it out!  I will be showing a card tomorrow that I made based on another one of her tutorials, too...and I suspect I will be recreating lots more based on her amazing tutorials.  THANKS BEATE!!!!!!  :)  And the colors I picked to work with are for this week's Color combo challenge at Splitcoaststampers

Now you see the little double bow on my card???  Well, a sweet friend of mine, Liz found out that I have been wanting the Bow easy to try out, so she sent me one.  Thank you Liz and hope this card is good enough inspiration for you to try out yours, too...hehehe.

I also used  my Silhouette to cut the pretty lace border and butterfly and used Ranger Distress inks to distress them, plus I added Rock Candy Stickles to my butterfly, which I so love!


Details of this card:

Cardstock:  Stampin Up and Georgia Pacific
Patterned papers:  Cosmo Cricket
Stamps:  Ippity
Ink:  Ranger Distress ink
Rock Candy Stickles
Acrylic paint
Tools:  Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Silhouette, Stampin Up Top note die, ribbon, buttons, jute, Fiskars scissors,  Helmar Quick-Fix Adhesive Runner450 Liquid Glue and Zapdots

And now, hop on to Kelly's blog...just click on the button!

Well, have a fabulous day!!!  Enjoy the hop!

Hugs,
Eva

46 comments :

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Eva! I love the colors and the butterfly!

wig4usc said...

It's gorgeous! I love it, thanks for sharing w/ us!

Brooke said...

simply stunning Eva!!! :)

Christi Snow said...

As always, Eva, this card is gorgeous! I wanna come and just linger in the corners of your stamp room and watch you work. You have such an amazing style! smiles...

Lisa H. said...

you always have the perfect embellies-love that butterfly/button/flag in the upper corner! this is really pretty,Eva!

StampinCathy said...

WOW! This is one fabulous and super inspiring ippity MOJO! Love everything about this card.

Heather said...

Eva, your talents never amaze me, THEY MAKE ME CRAZY!!! Wow, LOVE the details and your use of the tab stamp in that kit! Too darn fabulous a creation my friend! Wowsers!

Kelly Landers said...

Girl this is amazing!! I love that technique you used. And your take on the sketch is wonderful!!

BonnieRose said...

beautiful!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW! I have never seen that border before- I LOVE it! Your butterfly, quote, all of it, definitely makes this a favorite of mine. You are SO wonderfully talented my sweet friend!

Jennine Chambers said...

Eva I absolutely LOVE your card!

Beate said...

Eva, I love everything you stamp. You are amazing...so is your card. Absolutely beautiful! You rocked this technique.
Big cyber hugs!!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh Eva! Absolutely stunning card!!! Have a wonderful day!

Maria Gurnsey said...

YOU ALWAYS AMAZE ME!!! This is STUNNING :)

Charlene said...

Cute card and I love the stamp!

Jillisgram said...

Nice color combo and pretty card!

Angie Blom said...

THis is just stunning Eva, love that border punch!!

maryanns said...

Lovely card--the butterfly and the lacy border are beautiful. Thanks for links to Beate's blog.

Lori Craig said...

I love this, Spunky! Darling design! Hugs!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Oh my word Eva, this is just stunning!

(-: Heidi

Pam said...

Beautiful card

Liz said...

It's a triple wow

jan farnworth said...

very nice

Martha said...

oh I love this!!

Ravengirl said...

What a gorgeous card! I love Beate's tutorials too!

Gwen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it, the scallops are beautiful and add so much!

Suz said...

such a pretty card.

StacyC said...

Beautiful card Eva...

Purple Princess said...

Oh so pretty!!

kmassman said...

This couldn't be any more beautiful!

Shauna said...

Beautiful card. I love the scallop punched piece under the ribbon!

Rona said...

wow that lace border and butterfly are gorgeous!! I CANNOT GET ANOTHER BIG TOOL!!! beautiful card

Linda said...

That is great card eva
But, one question what is it with used butterflies? is it the spring weather? don't they know I am thebutterflies! fly queen?? lol just tee teeing He he!

Maria Levine said...

THis is beautiful! Love what you did, that lace rocks!

Jen said...

Eva, the details you create are always so fabulous...your brain must be driving in 5th gear...you are so inspiring and this card is beautiful! I just bought some Rock Candy Stickles and can't wait to try it!

Michelle said...

GORGEOUS!!

Amy said...

Beautiful Eva! Love the colors and the distressed look!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Your card is really pretty, luv the border and all the little elements on it.

stampjourney said...

Cool card! Love the colors!

jennifer mitten said...

Gorgeous!!!

Lori C said...

Darling card! Love the border and the butterfly!

dahlhousedesigns said...

very pretty

lisa a.

luv2scrap said...

Really beautiful card. I love it.

Eryn Hagen said...

ohhhhh these are SO my colors! Amazingly done girlfriend!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gasp!!! I ADORE this! Every last little detail is oh so fabulous, just like YOU! Awesome work:)

Susan said...

this is quite an interesting card!
Thanks for sharing it.
Susan

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin