Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unity Stamps Guest Designer Challenge

Well, I am still trying to make it as a guest designer for Unity Stamps...hehehe...so this month the challenge was to create a card with the colors orange, purple, green and black and of course using either the August, or July monthly kits. I am not really into that color mix, so this was a challenge for me, but I like my card, so I am good with it. Here is what I came up with.

I love this heart stamp so much, so I knew I wanted to use that. I guess you would call this a non traditional color love theme card...hehehe I went into my stash and found this awesome ribbon from Li'l Davis, don't you just love it? The good news is, I have a few different colors of it. And the purple paper is from my Clubscrap stash from like 10 years ago....I am so excited about using my stash...after all I have so many awesome goodies!!! And this last weekend I had a crop with my scrappy friends and Karen who is still on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog let me play with her new folders, so I embossed a bunch of different color papers with them. I happened to have this purple paper with me, so I totally lucked out on this challenge...thanks Karen, if you are reading this!!!

Anyway, thanks for visiting and hope you like my card!
Have a fabulous day!
Eva

29 comments :

Terrie B x said...

Eva your card is `gorgeous` I sooo love the non traditional colours..aand that stamp...
I bet you two had loads of fun creating..TFS
Have a lovely week:)x

MrsETaylor said...

Halloween colors Eva. Can I say YUMMO!!!!

This card is fantastic. How did you make the bow? and where is that ribbon from? I gotta have me some of that AR AR (my pirate imitation lol)

June Houck said...

Good luck to you, Eva! Your card is lovely :)

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

1CardCreator said...

Great card, and good luck with the DT.~Diane DCRU DT

Bogner's said...

Seriously, I think I commented on this card on scs, but I have to tell you again. I love the tones of these colors! They are so beautiful! They look great for the color challenge and are just beautiful with the image you used!

Karen said...

Eva - I love the RICH colors and that Cuttlebug embossing looks so cool! I remember that JB ribbon! All the elements looks so cool with the great Unity Stamps! Gorgeous..gorgeous card! Good luck my friend!! You are a winner in my book!

Hugs,
Karen

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

beautiful!!!

Pamela said...

AWESOME card!!!!

silvia said...

Gorgeous card!!!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Jacqueline said...

This is SO gorgeous!!! The ribbon is a beautiful touch!!! Great work!

TraceyT said...

Gf, you've got my vote. What a STRIKING card. LOVE it!! esp. paired with that ribbon.

TraceyT said...

Gf, you've got my vote. What a STRIKING card. LOVE it!! esp. paired with that ribbon.

Eryn Hagen said...

oh I LOVE how this turned out! it's perfect!

Kelly Landers said...

It may be non traditional colors, but it is beautiful nonetheless!!

Michelle (mla1111) said...

gorgeous... love the embossing, colors & big ribbon

ryannmarin said...

Gorgeous card Eva! Good luck in the DT contest! I bet this is a front runner!!

Katy said...

I totally love that ribbon!! And great embossed background too. Love the card!!

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful card Eve and I love the colours and design, good luck and fingers crossed for you.
Hugs Linda

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is gorgeous! Good luck to you-your design is beautiful!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

gorgeous, I luv the colors....it's fabulous....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Beautiful! Great job with the color challenge.

Lori said...

Great card! Nice work to integrate the color challenge colors!

Purple Princess said...

Fantastic card! Gorgeous!

FibreJunky said...

Wow. I think you just passed up Lisa H as having my favourite card for this challenge. That is DDG. Drop dead gorgeous. And I don't like orange, so that's really saying something! It's stunning.

ANAT S said...

great job!!
beautiful card

Monika in VA said...

FLAIR-umptious!

Jen said...

I know I commented on this card on SCS, but again, this is fantastic! Great job with those (difficult) colors...awesome details too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin