Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Technique Tuesday at Urban Anthology - make your own button

It's my turn to share a fun technique that is not new at all, but I was inspired by the stamp that came in the May kit, so I thought I would share it. Plus I find myself to forget techniques and then when I see them somewhere I totally want to use them again, so hope that is the case for you, too.....hehehe.

Make your own button with stamp and ShrinkyDink! I have to say I love it and will make a few of them for future project for sure!

Supplies I used:

Prima stamp from Urban Anthology's May kit
ShrinkyDink by Stampendeous
Stazon ink
Heat gun

And here is what I did in pictures...

Here is the ShrinkyDink, in case you are not familiar with it. It's really a thin white plastic sheet that shrinks.
I stamped my image with Stazon on the sheet


Then cut it out and punched two holes in the middle for the button holes


Than heat it with heat gun. It will crinkle up, but will flatten out eventually, and that is when you are done. Now I had some misfits, that didn't cooperate, but did manage to get some that worked. So, practice, practice, practice...hehehe. Anyway, at the end this is what I came up with. Pretty cute, isn't it????


And here is the card I made with it, which I really love. I used left overs from the Urban Anthology May kit, and my newest EK Success punch. Oh, and some gorgeous flowers my friend Karen scored for me. Isn't it pretty????

Hope you like it and make your own buttons. I think they are very creative and a lot of fun to play with for sure.

Well, have a wonderful Tuesday!

Eva

18 comments :

Heidi Van Laar said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Eva!
Shrink plastic is so fun...you are making me want to dig mine out!

(-: Heidi

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

WOW! Love this Eva with the handmade embellishment! Thanks for sharing how you made it. A great idea!

Karen said...

I love shrinky dinks and would love to try this technique Eva! Thanks for the inspiration! I just love the way that new EK punch and the lovely pearls and flowers also look on those lovely Webster papers! Gorgeous card girlie!!

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

How cute!! I need to get some!!! :)
TFS!!

.................... said...

Cute! Great idea!

Terrie B x said...

Oh WoW I love your
`Shrink Dink` Eva,,,,love your flowers, love your pearls,love your punch!!!!!!
I just `love` it all........
Gorgeous my `friend`
Have a lovely Wednesday (((hugs)))x

TraceyT said...

That stamp made a FABULOUS button!! TFS

Shirley said...

I just saw some shrinky dink paper in my stash the other day! What a great idea and I think I'll try it! Gorgeous card Eva!

Kim said...

Eva that is a gorgeous card! Beautiful work...love your handmade button...it's super cute! And your border punch is awesome...I just got it yesterday and can't wait to play with it! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments!
Hugs~ Kim

cardcrazy said...

What a great idea, I know I have some of this plastic around I am going to have to try it out!

Yvonne said...

Very pretty! And fabulous design, as with all your cards!

Liz said...

I love it... So so cute..

KimmyS said...

I feel really stupid now because I always used the shrink plastic to make my own alpha tiles but I never thought of buttons *slaps head*
Thanks so much for the inspo Eva, I will certainly try this myself and as I have the same stamp I will totally copy your idea :)

Suzy said...

What a fab idea it looks so adorable on the pretty card!

hugs
Suzy

soccerboyzmom said...

What a great idea, I forgot about that, let's see if I can find my stuff.

Amanda Winchester said...

How fun! Love your card!!

Michelle Lanning said...

oh its been a while since I have played with shirinky dinks - but I really like the button idea -- awesome once again Eva!

Danielle said...

how fun, i've always wanted to try that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin