Friday, June 12, 2009

2Sketches4You Top30 and a toot or two!

Well, as you may know 2Sketches4You is having their 1st Annual Ultimate Card Showdown and I participated in last week's challenge and I placed in the top 30 finalists!! I was away when it was announced, and boy, was I excited to see I made it to the top 30!!! Thank you judges for picking my card among the other fabulously talented ladies' cards!

So this week we were given another sketch and as you will see I couldn't stay away from the October Afternoon papers and those lovely birds...hehehehe...I just couldn't help myself. Anyway, here is the sketch, which was designed by Kazan

And my interpretation of it...

I hope it's well received, I sure had fun with the sketch. Tomorrow I will be back with the other 2Sketches4You card and I promise it will use another paper line, but doesn't this line just make you so happy???

Ok, so I have another exciting news to share. I took part in the Pagemaps Love me some Basic Grey sketch contest and my layout was chosen as one of the winners. I so adore Becky's sketches and was so happy that my layout was loved. In case you don't know which one, check out Pagemaps, it shows there. I will be getting some new Basic Grey goodies and I can't wait to get those, as I sure love their papers. Becky and Basic Grey, thanks for the goodies!

Well, we are heading out to meet some friends for sushi tonight and I have yet to get ready, so I better scoot.

Have a fun Friday evening and see you tomorrow!

Eva

35 comments :

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

Eva, this is beautiful....I love all the PP and sweet embellishments! Awesome job!

Congrats on the Pagemaps win!! You're one of da best!! :D

Shirley said...

Love that card Eva and congrats on top 30! And that's so cool about Pagemaps! Enjoy your goodies! Hope you have a fun time tonight!

Kazan Clark said...

wow Eva - another stunner!!! Love it :)
Hugs
Kazan & Laura

~amy~ said...

wowza....this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Good Luck!!

dougnat said...

EEEK!!! this is sooo fabulous! the colors, your circle...all of it...PERFECTO!

cheryln said...

what is not to love?! This is sweet perfection!! Congrats on your toots!!

Latisha said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!
hugs
latisha

Sankari W. said...

Congrats on the Top 30 my friend!!! Your creation is simply stunning! Seriously beautiful! LOVE all the details and all the sweet trimmings! That border on the circle is AWESOME and those birds are beyond cute! and the paper is fabulous!! You SOOO Rock Eva!! Sending you a TON of happy wishes!
Much love,
Sankari :)

AnnaB said...

This is stunning...!!!! Love it! Good luck...!!!

Martha said...

This is just gorgeous!!!!!

KimmyS said...

Your card is stunning. I adore the dimension and as always your cards are so beautifully designed

Eveline said...

Your card is beautiful. I love those birds. Good luck.
Eveline.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful! Love the great colors, the cute birds... good luck to you too!

Randee E said...

OMG!! I'm in love with this! So beautiful!! Fabulous job this week!!

Maria Gurnsey said...

I love those birdies! Good luck :)

Anja (scrappie) said...

Congrats on your pagemaps win and your card is gorgeous. You did a great job.

dannisdoodles said...

yowsers this is GORGEOUS my friend!!!

Wilma said...

Well, thát is a beautiful card!!! Good luck!

Amy said...

What a lovely card!! Your color choices are wonderful and that image is so cute. Great job with the sketch!!

Karen said...

I am just totally loving what you have done with these papers! I love your interpretation of the sketch! Good luck girl, as this card ROCKS! I love the way you used the punch on the outer edge! :) Congrats on your PAGEMAPS win too! Have a beautiful day!

Hugs,
Karen

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! I love those scallops around your circle and the colors and darling birds are just too beautiful! This will make someone very happy on their birthday!

clouds shadler said...

oh my what a fun fun card! those birdies are looking simply adorable! Whoever gets that birthday card is going to love it! Very cute background colors!

clouds :D

Liz Weber said...

That is an amazing card Eva, the papers, the embellishments are just so pretty. Good Luck with the 2S4U comp and thanks for the inspiraton!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Another stunner Eva! Love the way you use those fab papers!

(-: Heidi

Peet said...

This card is stunning Eva!!! Love it!

TraceyT said...

This is just stunning!!! Best of luck to you!

Jo said...

this is amazing, a really stunning card

cheryln said...

I just wanted to stop by again and congratulate you on your spot in the top 20! I looooooove your card in every way!! good luck next week!!

thefrugalcrafter said...

Way to go, the card is beautiful!

Cindy said...

Your card is so cute, Eva! I almost wanted to buy the stamp. Good luck on the next level.

tomiannie said...

Just so cute!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Congrats on the top 20 and good luck for the next round.

Made by Mandy said...

Congratulations for making it into the top 20 !!!

Good luck for the next stage, you've got another fabulous sketch to work with. Looking forward to seeing your card :)

Martha said...

Congrats on making the top 20!!! Good luck!
Martha

Maria said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love the colors and all the details to your card!! Gosh, you make me want to make them scrappy cards!! Your card is beautiful!! Congratulations on making the top 30!!

Maria

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin