Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired 33 - Monograms and a Farewell

Today I am sharing my last Cuttlebug Challenge card with you. I have decided to step down as a designer from the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. This has been a decision that I have been thinking about for a while, and finally I made it, even though it wasn't an easy one.

The truth is that I have been so busy creating cards and projects, that I put my life on hold, my work, my studies, my family and I my mind was focused on what is the next card I have to create. So, something had to give and while I love our challenge blog, the ladies that are on this team and of course Maggie, I decided to remove myself from the team. I can only say, what an honor this has been to work with my team, I am so grateful for that. And a very special thanks to Maggie, who has been amazing to me by showcasing my work everywhere, I so appreciate that!!!! So, Maggie, if you are reading my posts, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

I know their journey is fun, and I will miss it, but I just need to refocus on the things that are very important to me in life and right now the most important thing is to find myself through my spiritual psychology studies. I need to read my books, do my homework full hearted, not just in a hurry to get it over with, after all that is why I entered into my school. So today is my last cuttlebug challenge card to share with you. I will still make plenty of cards with Cuttlebug and still excited about the new folders coming out, and can't wait to get them, but I just don't want too many deadlines to loom around me. Well, here is my pretty card for you.

This week our design team received a couple of Elle Studio items, which are totally cute. We were to create monograms, but I guess it just wasn't coming to me, so I made a thank you card for someone who has been so sweet to me. I hope you don't mind. Please make sure you check out Elle Studio, if you are not familar with her site, her labels are the cutest ever and so much fun to work with.

Supplies to create this card:
Elle Studio labels
Cuttlebug: Swiss dots embossing folder
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamp: Stampin Up
Ink: Stazon
Clip: Making Memories
Punch: Fiskars
Flowers: American Crafts
Pennant shape cut out with my Silhouette (I love my new machine!!!)
bling from my stash

Thank you for visiting my blog and hope you like my card. If you didn't arrive from the Cuttlebug Challenge blog, please hop on over to check out the other ladies cards, they are sure lovely!

Have a lovely and fabulous day!
Much love and hugs,
Eva

19 comments :

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

What an awesome little creation Eva!! I love the cheerfulness you added!!

I understand how you feel.....I've been there too!! It's easy to get too much on going at one time! It's fun to create but can get over whelming at times! GL with your studies.

Terrie B x said...

Eva your card is `gorgeous`` total respect to you...
It cant of been easy....
If theres one thing from the CB for me was the greatest pleasure in finding you!!!
I wish you every happiness whatever you choose to do....
Always look forward to seeing your gorgeous creations....
Enjoy the rest of your Day Eva:) x

cardcrazy said...

You will be missed my friend, I wish you all the best and good luck with your studies!

Your card is beautiful as ever!

Karen said...

Your card is absolutley gorgeous Eva! I love the little swoop of goodies!! Very striking! I will surely miss you on CBC, but I want what is best for you, so I totally understand your situation and know you will have great success with your school and studies!! Plus, I know you are still gonna be around girl!!

Love ya,
Karen

Liz said...

EVA it's just absoutely Gorgeous. School your right is very important and that's why you enrolled... You will still have many creations for us to see..You have to do what's best for you and your family...You are a mega talented lady!.. It's an honor to know you.

Heidi Van Laar said...

Sorry to hear you are leaving CCB, but I totally understand (and relate to) your reasons! It can be really hard to balance life around the deadlines.

This card is so gorgeous! The banner is just amazing! Love it!

spikescreativeside said...

Dear sweet Eva, I'm sooo sorry to see you go but truly understand trying to find that balance in life. You will be missed but I know where to find you!! Best of luck with the studies and promise to look me up should you come up my way!!

Hugs

~Spike

Colleen said...

Another beautiful card and you will be missed. I love all the cards you make, you have such a great design style.

Still going to stalk your blog to keep seeing your creations.

Allison said...

gorgeous card Eva. Sorry to hear you are stepping down- you will be missed
Will visit soon
AllisonX

Eveline said...

I'll miss your work on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. Good luck with your studies.
Eveline.

Linda Cain said...

I share your thoughts! Good luck, and enjoy the road ahead. Life is too short.

Linda

KimmyS said...

I hear you girl and fully understand your reasoning. The CBC blog is sure going to miss your inspo but I know we will still be seeing lost of stuff from you on your blog anyway.

You know I love your art and nothing will ever change that

JennK said...

Wonderful card!! Lovely as always..good luck in all your endeavors.

Shirley said...

Eva that card is so sweet and beautiful and some lucky person is going to love it! I'm sure your decision to step down was very difficult but life has a way of leading us in the right direction. Good luck with your studies and I know you will still be creating gorgeous cards for us to drool over! I'm so glad our paths have crossed in this online world! Hugs!!

Cassie said...

oh eva. i remember when i first found the CCB back in fall '08 and you were the guest designer. what a delight to "discover" you then - i've always appreciated and loved your art. even though we won't be working together anymore, i'll still be keeping tabs on you and seeing you around!
i know how important you spiritual pyschology stuff is to you --- best of luck in completing those and growing closer to God!

great card by the way! love the banners! and the unity layout is so fun! and happy!

Ching-a-ling said...

Eva, you're a true inspiration for me since I'm trying to find myself, my strength to draw my lines in the sand, etc.

You've been an amazing and integral part of CBC, so you will be very very missed. Your card is gorgeous!!! Love your banner! I have that die! he he

Michelle Lanning said...

ohh are those some of the new shapes?

I love what you created Eva!

LORi said...

Hi Eva...I also understand needing to "REFOCUS" just had to myself!! I cut my load down to almost nothing!! I must admit...It feels really really good!!!

I know you will miss the wonderful group of ladies at the CBC, but I am sure Maggie will keep the door open for ya!!!

Blessings!!

LORi BOYD

Nathalia Castellon said...

Well, I got to missing you already girl so I had to hop on over here and get my fix on seeing some of your lovely creations! :) But don't be a stranger, if you need anything I'm just an email away!

xoxoxo,
Nathalia

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin