Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sympathy card - Mojo 78

Well, I haven't had the need to make a Sympathy card in a long time, but suddenly I had to make two of them. Well, one I still have to make, but here is one I made for the mother of one of my ex- co-worker's, who decided to take his life. It was very sad indeed, and he left an 8 year old little boy behind. My heart totally went out to him and his family. The funeral was yesterday morning. Anyway I wanted to share my card, specially since I used the sketch from Mojo Monday.

Supplies used for this card:
Stamp: Stampin Up
Cardstock: Stampin Up and Bazzill
Patterned Paper: K& CO
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Textile
Punch: Martha Stewart border punch
Ribbon: Pebbles

Well, hope this card inspires you, although I hope you don't have to make Sympathy cards. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Love,
Eva

15 comments :

Steph said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That is very sad. Your card is very beautiful and I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Sophia said...

Oh my...really am sorry to hear about your ex-co-worker....

You make really beautiful cards Eva!

Michelle Lanning said...

well that is terrible - at least you made a card that will hopefully bring a wee bit of comfort.

Little Miss said...

I'm sorry about your ex coworker, I am sure his mother will appriciate that beautiful card though!

KarenB said...

I'm sorry to hear the reason behind the card but you did a fab job with the sketch challenge - I love your cards!!!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Such a terribly sad circumstance. Your card is absolutely beautiful though. Hopefully it brings much comfort.

(-: Heidi

Terri said...

Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear about your co-worker. How very sad.

Your card is just gorgeous & I know it will be a great comfort.

Dolores said...

wow what a beautiful card, so sad to hear about your friend.

Cassie said...

how sad! but your card is lovely and i'm sure touched her heart very much!

~Lori (loree2000 SCS) said...

How terribly terrible!! I can't fathom the grief a parent would feel in a situation like that!!

The card is lovely and fitting!! Love the contrast of the white panel!! And the flowers are beautiful! ~Lori R

scrapnnMO said...

WOW it's absolutely GORGEOUS!
♥Dawn♥

KimmyS said...

What a sad sad occasion but such a beautiful card, which I am sure will be cherished by his mum

Pinklilac said...

Hi Eve so sorry to hear about your friend I am sure she will appriciate this card.
Hugs Linda

AbbieTorroll said...

oh I am so sorry Eva!! how very sad, but your card is beautiful!

TraceyT said...

My condolences as well.

The card is simply stunning.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin