Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2Sketches4You and Mojo79- Happy Birthday and Sympathy

I have two cards for two different challenges to share today. They are totally extremes, the least to say. One is for a Birthday and one is a Sympathy card. Yes, I needed both of them.

I will share my 2Sketches4You card first. I always love Kazan and Laura's sketches, they are always soooo much fun! I made this card for one of my sweet friend's birthday with the cute Making Memories papers that I fell in love with and I sure hope she likes it.

Supplies used to make this card:
Cardstock: Bazill
Patterned paper, label sticker, flower and orange thread: Making Memories
Alpha stickers: Adornit
Button and ribbon from my stash
Punch and decorative scissors: Fiskars
Bling: Darice

My next card was created with this week's Mojo Monday sketch. And this is the second week in a row that I am making a Sympathy card with their sketch. This one is for Michael's Aunt, who just lost her husband. It was so sad, we visited with them in Seattle last Tuesday and he died the next day. Life is very precious, for sure. Mojo Monday's sketches are clean and classy, so it was easy to put it together. For this card I used my March Urban Anthology kit, which was featuring the beautiful Cosmo Cricket line, that I just love.

Supplies used to make this card:
Urban Anthology kit contents
Cuttlebug folders: Textile and Script
Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Two
Stamps: Stampin Up
Additional cardstock: Stampin Up and The Paper Co.

Hope you like my cards and have a fabulous day!
Love,
Eva

13 comments :

Yvonne said...

Fantastic cards. Love the colours on the first one! So well put together.
Yvonne.

Heidi Van Laar said...

These are both gorgeous Eva!
I love the bright and lively colors of the first (plus I love those MM papers).
And the second is just simple and lovely. I am very sorry you needed this one though.

(-: Heidi

itsabrt said...

These cards are so beautiul! BR-T

Karen said...

These are both beautiful cards. I love that Chloe's closet paper line, don't you!! And, you worked the Urban Anthology kit for the sympathy card, which is very elegant.

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work Eva! I just love your take on my sketch:) Thanks for playing!!
Laura

Savitri said...

I love both cards!!!! My fave is the first one. I just love the colors and yes, those MM papers are awesome looking. I have none of that line but oh, now I wish I do!!! Great stuff!!!

Berdien said...

Great cards !!! The first one is my favorite !! I love the colors !!

Butternut Sage Designs said...

your sympathy card is gorgeous what a great color combo, it feels just right~Donna

Allison said...

they are both lovely Eva, the 2S4Y card papers are wonderful and great colours
AllisonX

Eveline said...

That birthday card is gorgeous, as you say, it's beautiful paper.
I'm sorry to read you needed another sympathy card. My condolences. But your card is quietly beautiful.
Eveline.

Joke said...

WOW! That first card is a beauty! Love that bird and that flower!
Great take on the sketch. In my opinion you are a winner this week.

SelahCafe said...

That birthday card is just so sweet!! Your friend is going to LOVE it. Great take on the sketch.

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning cards!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin