Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #19 - Acetate and Cuttlebug

It's Wednesday, so it's time for a new Cuttlebug Challenge. This week, our team was challenged to work with acetate. Boy, was this a challenge...hehehe. I love acetate and I love my Cuttlebug, and I really wanted to show a project that would be demonstrating the best use of the two, at least for me. So I made this little candy bag that you could say is still in the lovey dovey theme, but you could always make it with different papers, I just still love my Basic Grey Bittersweet papers. I created a little tutorial for you, in case you would like to make one of these little bags yourself. I made one, similar to this, but it was bigger and I didn't have a big enough acetate, so this is what I came up with. The acetate from Sheetload Shortcuts and I highly recommend them, as they don't smudge and so easy to work with. While you are at it, check out their February magazine. And since there was a lot of scoring done on this project, I whipped out my Mini Score-it and boy was that makin my life easier....if you don't have one of those tools, you better get it.

So, here is my little candy bag and isn't it cute????

Supplies used for this little bag:
Cuttlebug: D-Vine Swirls and Textile embossing folders, hearts combo dies
Carstock: Stampin Up - cut one 3" X 3" piece

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Bittersweet
- two 8 1/4" x 1/2" pieces
Acetate: Sheetload Shortcuts - 8 1/4" x 3 1/2" piece
Punches: Stampin Up tab punch, Martha Stewart butterfly and Fiskars Threading punch
Ink: Colorbox, Tim Holtz Alcohol inks (on little butterfly, please see close up)
Ribbon: May Arts

Well, this will be a long post, so get ready for a lot of photos, but hope you will find it worth spending your time.

Here is what you need to prepare to make this little bag:
Next you need to score your 3x3 piece of cardstock at 1/2" on all 4 sides
Cut the score lines as shown on picture
Add sticky tape and glue box together, so this is what you end up with
Next, you want to emboss your acetate

This is what you will get once embossed. Isn't it cool?
Than, you will use your Score-it and score your piece of acetate at every 1 15/16" on the long side
So now you are ready to assemble your box, so add your sticky tape on the bottom and on the little flap
Once your box was created, add your two strips of patterned papers to the bottom and the top of the box
Than add your little tab punches as the handles
Next I diecut my little hearts, embossed it and inked it up to show more details of the beautiful embossing

A fun thing to do with acetate is to use alcohol ink on it, so here is some thing I came up with while playing with my little butterfly
Once done, I assembled my little heart and this is what I ended up with. Isn't it pretty???
Once done with all these steps, I tied my pretty ribbon on the handles and punched a little hole on my bag and in my heart and attached it to the bag with a little safety pin and once again, here is the finished project. Oh, and don't forget to add some yummy chocolates....
Well, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and will inspire you to come up with something like this. I hope you visit us at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and check out what the other designers came up with as well and create something to join in on the fun. Can't wait to see what you will make and as always you will be featured on our blog, how fun is that!!!

Have a fabulous day!
Hugs,
Eva

26 comments:

Mrs J said...

Wow Eva, this is just so gorgeous! Great tutorial too! I also love embossing acetate, you've done a great job of it here!
Hugs Mrs Jx

moralia said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is stunning, Eva! Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for the tutorial and congrat's on being pubbed!!! Well deserved!! ((Hugs))

Karen said...

What a fantastic little tutorial Eva. I need that Scor it now! I am in love with your little treat box! Wow!!!! You need to submit this somewhere to be published too! :-)

cardcrazy said...

WOW! What a great idea, I have done this with regular paper but now I want to try it the way you did!
Peggy

Heidi Van Laar said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous bag Eva! Your tutorial was fabulous too!
Don't you just love the way the score-it works on acetate!

(-: Heidi

Lea L. said...

This is utterly gorgeous Eva!! You did a fabulous job on this challenge..thanks for the tutorial!!

~Lea

Captain Scrappy said...

This is lovely. What a great idea!

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Eva this is amazing! It is so pretty and creative...I love it! I'm going to have to make one of these soon.

KimmyS said...

OMG you are killing me girl - this is absolutely stunning! i have done these boxes before but never thought of using acetate. You are a genius!

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I love how you colored the little butterflies.

spikescreativeside said...

Eva what a stunning gift box! Just gorgeous all round! Thanks for the tutorial too! I'll be adding this to my list! :D

Hugs

~Spike

kshand said...

Wow, this is really fabulous!! The tutorial is very well done too.

Beth said...

OMG Eva love that box and thank you so much for the instruction hope to give it a try tomorrow. So Elegant

Amber said...

Eva what a beautiful project! LOVE it! And I see you used your Fiskars scalloped punch, I'm obsessed with mine, can't do a project without it:)
Hugs
Amber

Linda Cain said...

What a totally fabulous blog!!! I love working with the Cuttlebug and will definitely be back for more! TFS!
Linda Cain

Cassie said...

this is incredible!! love the alcohol inks on the acetate - didn't think about them working on this medium! adore them on the butterfly and i'm sure that little trick will show up sometime on one of my flutterby cards!

LORI said...

Eva Eva Eva!! You have done it again!! Fabulous work!! You are so talented. TFS your Tutorial!!

Blessings,LORI

Shirley said...

Fantastic project and great tutorial!

Dolores said...

Eva OMG that is fantastic, I love it.

Sonda T said...

Eva, that is gorgeous! I was so glad to see it over on the cuttlebug challenge site! WOOOHOO! I need to emboss more often! :)

Debbie Pamment said...

I know it's been said before but WOW!!!! Great idea, great tutorial, great gift - TFS

Tina said...

GORGEOUS, Eva! I love how creative you got with the acetate & alcohol!

inkypinkies said...

Just discovered your blog from a comment on 2Ps... have to say you do fabulous work. I've bookmarked your blog and will be back for ideas and pure inspiration. Thanks!

Ching-a-ling said...

wow wow wow!! Beautiful pictures my friend...just beautiful!!

Meda said...

The butterfly is amazing. I should go find some alcohol ink somewhere.
Meda

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫

Blog Widget by LinkWithin