Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #18 - Shaped cards

It's Wednesday already, so it means another challenge at our Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. This week was especially fun, as the challenge was to make a shaped card using our Cuttlebug embossing folders. I love shaped cards, if you have visited my blog, you know I make them quite often. Also I love to create my own shapes, well, they are always inspired from some place....hehehe. This card shape came from staring at some Making Memory stickers and I fell in love with the shape of one, so I started sketching it and came up with the shape. Also, I love the Webster's Pager papers, so I used those on this card, and I added a "hint" of Sassafrass. By the way I made this card for Michael for Valentine's Day....so....shhhhh.....don't tell him and I hope he is not coming to visit my blog..hehehe. Anyway, here is my card.


I also drew the heart and the wings myself, cut them out, ran them through the embossing folders and painted them with Twinkling H2O's, which I have recently started using again. I can't wait to get my Glimmermists as I know they will be perfect for things just like that, but I do love the affect of the Twinkling H2O's as well. I have a close up of it, if you like to take a look at it closer.


Supplies used to make this card:
Cuttlebug folders: Textile, Script and D'vine Swirls
Cardstock: Stampin UP
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages and Sassafrass
Twinkling H2O's
Ink: Colorbox
Ribbon: May Arts
Alphabet Stickers: Adornit by Carolees (I love these little alphas)

So, come over to the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and check out what our designers came up with this week. And I hope you will make a shaped card and upload it, so we can feature your work on our blog! I sure would love to see what you come up with, as I am always ready to be inspired!

Thank you for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Love,
Eva

18 comments :

Mrs J said...

Eva, this is so elegant and beautiful, I love it! Gorgeous shape - I am so not brave enough to draw my own shapes but seeing yours I might just have to give it a go! Love the heart and wings too, so romantic. I just adore your gorgeous style, you make such beautiful creations!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Karen said...

Michael is so gonna love it. So romantically made and I can feel the "love"! Gorgeous shaped card Eva!!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty Eva...I really love the shape of the card as well! Very elegant! Awesome job with the challenge this week!

~Lea

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Eva, this is so gorgeous and elegant! Love the rich color tones and all the layers! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Hugs~Becky

JennK said...

This is such a beatufil card...great job! I want to get this embossing folder...everytime I see it used I just pine for it...hahhaa!

Heidi Van Laar said...

OMGoodness Eva! This is simply gorgeous! Too many things to love about it for me to list!

(-: Heidi

Stace said...

Absolutely beautiful Eva! Your cards are always so inspiring! :)

Alison said...

Stunning work Eva love the richness of the colours.

Christina said...

Hi I wandered over here from cuttlebug challenge.. Your cards are beautiful!! I am sure I will be visiting you again, you have so much inspiration...
Christina

Sophia said...

This is a gorgeous card! I'd love to do something similar, but I'm wondering where the fold is. Is the actual card just a little smaller and only the cardfront is shaped? Thanks for any help!

kshand said...

WOW!! This is so beautiful, WOW!!! All the details...just perfect :)

carina said...

oh!! your card is gorgeous! love the colors♥

spikescreativeside said...

Oh Eva! I just love all the richness of this card! Colours, textures...just beautiful!

Hugs

~Spike

Cheryl said...

This is simply gorgeous! I love the shape that you designed for your card.

scrapnnMO said...

I'm speechless Eva! It's very beautiful! Beautiful colors and design! ♥

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Another gorgeous card Eva! The card feels so romantic!

Meda said...

I love your card, Eva. It is one of my fave this week.
Meda

ELiScrAper said...

Absolutly brethtaking. I found it on 2 Peas and had to follow you over here. So glad I did!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin