Friday, January 16, 2009

Always in my heart

This weekend I am planning on working on some Valentine's day cards and this is my first one. Remember how I said I will start using my old stash? Well, I did it on this card, this was made using mostly old stash, you'll see.

I made this card for the Embellish Online weekly challenge, which I am actually a day late, but I couldn't squeeze it in earlier, but better late than never. Please check them out, the ladies are so nice and friendly, not to mention talented!!!! Lately I am on that schedule, but slowly catching up...hehehe. Anyway, the challenge was to make a shaped card. And since Valentine's day is coming up, I decided to make a heart shaped card appropriately. I actually drew the card shape, so I created my own template. I think I will scan it in and will post it here, if any of you would like it. Anyway, here is the card.
Supplies used to make this card:
Bling looking cardstock: Unknown
Red embossed paper is courtesy of Michelle's RAK (thanks Michelle!!)
Pink cardstock: Stampin Up
Patterned paper: Carolee's Creations Cupid Words
Sentiment Sticker: Sandylion
Bird die cut: Maya Road traced
Flower: Little Davis
Punches: Martha Stewart border and Stampin Up label (courtesy of my friend Ching)
jute and 3 D paint

So, as you can see I can use my old stash...hehehe.... and I plan on using more of it this weekend. I have to share something with you guys. I have this 12x12 plastic container, which I have all LOVE stuff stashed into and today I pulled it out and I was so overwhelmed. I was thinking, I wouldn't know which one to start playing with......hehehe. Now, remember I have been collecting this stuff for over 10 years, so of course I have quite a bit. But do you ever feel that way about your stash? Just curious.....

Ok, I am going to make dinner and start making more cards, so I will get to show you more stuff.

Have a fabulous evening!
Eva

6 comments :

mary hellen said...

I like your card and it gives me an idea to use up some of my stuff.

Heidi Van Laar said...

This is just darling Eva! Love your self created heart shape!

Have a great weekend!
(-: Heidi

kim_sonksen said...

*sigh* this is sooooooooooooooooo pretty. I loves it and no one would think this is old stash anyway. Looks funky and hot to me!

Cassie said...

i {heart} it!! i love the shape of your heart - the gently curve!! definitely would love it you shared your template!!

moralia said...

Beautiful Eva!! I love the funky shape of the heart! sooo lovely!!

I'm feeling pretty guilty about my stash lately.. i've only been scrapping for 4 yrs or so.. but i have sooo much! *blush* So i'm banning myself from anymore shopping till I start using up what I have...

Shirley said...

Love the heart shape and the pearls on the bird! So pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin