Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Day for me!!!!

My son arrived last night finally. After a whole day of travel for him, planes delayed, him starving all day, and airlines losing his luggage, one skinny guy on crutches finally arrived into my arms. I was so happy to see him, but tried to contain myself, as it is not cool to show too much at airports.
Since it was already 11PM we stopped at good old McDonalds, as that was the only thing opened just to get some food in him, and headed home. I can't tell you how good it is to seem first thing in the morning. I know he is 19, but still my baby, one and only!

Today, we started with pancakes, which he enjoyed and I gave him a birthday card I made for you yesterday. So in this post I will share a picture of him and the card, so you get to see it, as I think they both are just adorable...hehehe.

Well, here is my handsome son for you to see. I think he lost a lot of weight, so I will be feeding him like crazy, in fact after this post I will go make some cookies for him and Michael to enjoy!


The card I made was using this week's 2Sketches4you sketch. I haven't been able to make cards with them for a couple of weeks it seems, but I so enjoyed making a card with this sketch and I intend to make some with the past sketches I missed out on, as I love Kazan and Laura's work, not to mention the DT's inspiration is always amazing!

Here is this week's sketch

And my card

Supplies for this card:
Papers: We R Memory Keepers Fiddle Faddle (which I love, love!!!!), Sassafrass (bird) Basic Grey Offbeat and Urban Prairie
Letter stickers by EK success
Martha Stewart punch
buttons
twine
souffle pen

That is is for now, I am going to take more pictures of Shawn, as we haven't even cut his Birthday cake yet. Have a fabulous day everyone!

Eva

26 comments :

KimmyS said...

Enjoy the time with your son Eva!
I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

And your card is absolutely gorgeous

Ching-a-ling said...

You're SUCH a MOM Eva! I swear, from your description, I'd have thunk your son had just immigrated from Iowa to sunny wonderful plentiful Orange County in So Cal! LOL!!! I'm soo happy your baby is back home Eva.

Your card is just precious!! I loooove that owl! It is sooo cute, but has that whole Evalicious look to it at the same time.

Enjoy your time with your son my friend!!

Sonia Kertznus said...

OH! I know how good it is to be at the airport waiting for your loved ones to arrive...that happens to me every time my nephew comes to Miami from Colombia.... I bet you are just full of joy having him with you...Enjoy and pamper him, he is a handsome young man (fui fuiu!!!) and on another note, your card is beautiful. You did an awesome take for Laura's challege.
HUGS...SK :)

Heidi Van Laar said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Eva! I love your little owl and the buttons on the side! So glad to see you at 2s4u again!
Have a great time with your son!
-Heidi

Laura Davis said...

Oh Eva your poor baby! He is soooo cute! You must be a proud mommy:) Have lots of fun spoiling him! Your card is just darling, I love it!
Laura

debby4000 said...

Glad to hear you son is safe at home and sounds like he needs some spoiling.
Love the cute card too.

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Great to read your son is home! Such a cute card and love that paper piecing you did with the leaves/branches.

Anabelle said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son!! I'm so glad you get to spend it with him. Your card is just amazing. I'm sure he loved it. :)

rae said...

Hope you are enjoying every little minute with you son :)
Your 2s4y card is FABULOUS, of course!!
(((holiday hugs)))

tina said...

WOW, Eva, I LOVE the colors and patterns you chose!!!

Enjoy time with your son. We'll be going home to family this coming week. I'm very much looking forward to it!

Kath said...

gorgeous card for the challenge Eva...love that cute little owl and how wonderful that you get to spend some time with your son.
Hugs
Kath
xxxxxx

moralia said...

Hope you have a fabulous time with your ds, Eva! He's gorgeous just like his mom!! ;) Love the card you made! The owl rocks!!!

Hugs!!

SuzanneRenee said...

Eva all of your work is amazing, seriously! you have such great cards that inspire me! I'm so glad your son is home to visit! :)

TraceyT said...

Have a wonderful time with your son!

LOVE this card, btw. Totally adorable

Claire said...

Great card, I love the owl!

Enjoy spending time spoiling your son.
Claire

Oma said...

Love the card! Enjoy the time with your handsome son - I would have bawled my eyes out at the airport!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

scrapnnMO said...

Enjoy your time with you son Eva. Love your wonderful beautiful card. Have a lovely holiday season my friend. :)

Melissa said...

YAY!
I'm so happy for you that your son is home! You obviously love him ALOT!! He is so handsome! Have fun with him!

Your card is SUPER cute!!

Have a wonderful Holiday!!

Hugs, Melissa

rae said...

congrats on your 2s4y fab5 card!! way to go!!

Scossie Jane said...

Enjoy time with your son, I appreciate how precious that time is - I am in Australia, my son in Scotland - and yes he is my baby (at 26!!)

Merry Christmas xx

..::Paulina::.. said...

Congrats on making the Top 5! This card certainly deserved it!

Katie said...

Your card is awesome, Eva! I love that little owl and the colors....yum!! Awesome job and congrats on being in the fab 5!!

So glad your son is home! Happy Holidays!!

Katie

Peet said...

Congrats on making the Fab5, Eva! Gorgeous card!!!

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Your blog is very creative and colorful. your creations are extremely attractive. How did you cope with such ideas?.. Let your creations reach beyond our imaginations. meet me at my blog.
"A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Christine said...

Awesome card, Eva! Love that cute little owl, and I'm so glad to hear that your son made it to CA okay! Enjoy your time with him, and wish him a happy birthday! :)

I hope you have a wonderfully blessed Christmas, dear friend!

Marley said...

congrats on being in the Fab5 and thx for the nice comment on my blog! you can set up Windows so you can use the HU accents, but i just googled the words, and used copy and paste into Word! when were you in HU last? i'm *so* looking forward to szaloncukor, beigli and kürtös kalács! happy holidays!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin