Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cuttlebug challenge #9

This week on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog, we really have a great challenge going on. Create your own embossing folder with a die cut of your choice. Our very talented Betty is the one who came up with this technique and I guarantee you will love it. So please check out the Cuttlebug Challenge blog to see more details about this lovely technique and I will leave you with the card I created for the challenge. As you know it can be difficult to see dry embossing on pictures, but I hope you can make it out and will inspire you to do something like it. For my folder I used a diecut, which I cut out of a chipboard with my amazingly generous friend, Ching's Sizzix Bigz Die - Decorative Accents #7 , who always lets me play with her stuff, even if I am the first one to play with it...hehehehe. Isn't she the best friend???

Well, here is my card, and I sure hope you like it and will inspire you!


Supply list used to make this card:
Diecut used to make into a folder: Sizzix Bigz Die - Decorative Accents #7
Papers: Making Memories Paperie line and SU white cardstock
Punches: Martha Stewart Snowflake and Spellbinders Ribbon tag (Ching's diecut I would so love to have!!!)
Stamp: Michael's $1 christmas stamp
Bling by Heidi Swap and ribbon from my stash

One thing I need to share, just so you know. When creating the embossing, you really need a lot of muscle to push the sandwich through, so don't be alarmed, I had to go through the same thing. Unless you can figure an easy way out, which I hope you will let me know...hehehe. It took me a few tries to figure out what will be the right shims to use to create the right embossing affect. I hope you will play with this idea, I think it is fabulous, as you can create your own customized folders and that is just fabulous!!! So, please come and play with us!

Love & Light
Eva

6 comments :

LIZZEE said...

(I love it

Heidi Van Laar said...

Beautiful Eva! What a great technique too...I may have to try that one!

Stace said...

What a fabulous card!! And how nice of Ching to let you use her goods ;)

moralia said...

YUM!! This is gorgeous, Eva!! Absolutely beautiful! :)

Ching-a-ling said...

good lord Eva!! This is spectacular!!! My stuff would never see the light of day if you didn't borrow them. lol...

This card is truly exquisite!

Dolores said...

beautiful card! love the technique

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin