Cuttlebug Challenge and 2Sketches4You

This week it was my turn to come up with the challenge for the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. I have been lurking on Mel Stampz's blog and she must be one of the most creative persons alive and also the most willing to share as she comes up with the most amazing detailed tutorials. Thank you Mel for that!!! So, when I had to come up with what should the challenge be this week, instead of reinventing the wheel, that has already been invented by Mel, I just referred to her blog for inspiration. Hence the idea of the crayon resist challenge this week on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog. My card didn't really justify that amazing technique, perhaps my color combo is not the best for it, but I sure had fun creating. If you would like to learn about the technique, or simply just check out Mel's work (and you will be in a totally amazed, I promise), just click on Mel's crayon resist technique and it will take you to it.

Here are some of my attempts on creating the background:



Than I had to come up with the sketch and what better sketch to use than 2Sketches4You. I used Laura's sketch for this week to design this card. Now mind you, I kept it rather simple, as I wanted the background be the spotlight of the card. Anyway, hope you like it, so here it is:



Supplies needed to make this card:

Cuttlebug folder: Textile

Cardstock: SU white

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Urban Prairie

Black crayon

Garnet LuminArte powder mixed with water and sprayed on for the resist (same as Glimmermist)

Stamps: Stampin Up, Cat’s Life Press

Ribbon: Making Memories

Distress Stickles Broken China color

Bling from my stash


So, come visit us at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and play along, if nothing else, you will learn a pretty cool technique.


Oh, by the way I got a message from one of my blogging buddies, Michelle, and she shared with me what site she used for her blog background, so I checked it out and happy with what I found. If you want to change the look of your blog without the pain, it's so easy......go check out CutestBlogontheBlock, you won't be disappointed, at least I wasn't, so Michelle, thanks for making my life easy.....Now I will be changing my blog look as often as I like....


Well, thanks for visiting my blog and have a fabulous day everyone!!!


Eva