Sunday, October 26, 2008

Think Pink card

Treasured Scrapbooking was having a Think Pink Cyber Crop this weekend, and one of their challenges was to make an encouragement card. They had a lot of challenges going on, but I sort of had a lot on my plate this weekend, however I figured I could always squeeze a card out of me...hehehehe. So I used my gorgeous pink Making Memories papers and now I think it's beyond addiction, as I have made 3 cards with it already, but I still have some left...yaaaaaaa...you might see some more of it. I drew my own heart and the flourish and cut it out of cardboard. I covered the heart with the paper and sewed the edges (I have to say it's tough to sew round edges). I must practice more! Then I painted my flourish and sprinkled some glitter on top of it. I love how that turned out though. Finally I got to use my little owl from the Inkadinkado set I bought for $5 a couple of weeks ago at Michaels. I was a buyer at that price...hehehe. The border punch is by Fiskars, as Martha's just wasn't cooperating with my Stampin Up cardstock. Finally I added some Prima flowers and ribbon from Stampin Up and voila...here is my card! No sentiment yet, but at least I have the card made.

That is it for tonight. I did make a layout and another card, but I will show those on another day! I have to keep something in my arsenal, right??? Hehehehe....

Anyway, good night everyone and till later!!!

Eva

16 comments :

Heidi Van Laar said...

This is so pretty! I love how you stamped the owl in black...it really makes him pop.

Karen said...

I love your handmade swirl and heart Eva! Beautiful card against the beige and what a cute little owl!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

so beautiful! ;)

Michelle Lanning said...

I love that punch --- great card!

Shirley said...

That card is beautiful Eva! So glad you played along with us at TS!

Ching-a-ling said...

WOW, another gorgeous creation Eva. hmmm, do I have that fiskars border punch??? cuz I want it now!

Little Miss said...

Great card, love the little owl.

Sherry Wright said...

Gorgeous, love the owl with the pink!

TraceyT said...

That is just adorable! LOVE it.

Suzy said...

Such a sweet and feminine card - so pretty too Eva. I love all the pretty details you add to your work!

hugs,
suzy

Enfys said...

I just love this card, in fact I love all your work.

Lindsay Spencer said...

Way too cute. It's elegant looking.

Justine said...

This is so pretty Eva, loving your work.
Justine

Christine said...

Beautiful card, Eva! I love the stitching, glittered swirl, and punched border. I know what you mean about Martha's punches not cooperating with SU cardstock! The cs got stuck in my punch and it was so frustrating trying to get it loose! LOL!

Lovely work, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with the left over MM papers! ;-D

SuzanneRenee said...

love the owl on the card and the border punch! The crop this weekend was funnnn. I wish I had more time too.

carolann said...

You have been busy brilliant work
well done hun xxxxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin