Friday, October 3, 2008

Bad Girls 4th week submission

Just wanted to show you my newest layout I started last night and finished this morning. This picture was taken last summer down in La Jolla. I have a few photos from there we took and I so love that place and therefore I love to scrap those beautiful memories as well. I took this picture of Michael, isn't he just so handsome?????

I used the gorgeous Webster's Pages and have been dying to use cardboard with these papers, as I knew they would go just perfect. It was a pain on the butt to pull off the top layer of the cardboard...hehehe....but it's done. I added three different colors of paint to it and then as a last touch I gold leafed it on the edges. I think it turned out awesome, well I love it anyway...hehehehe. So, of course I cut out all the gorgeous Webster's Pages as in my opinion they are begging to do that....and I also painted some of them with Twinkling H2O to add contrast to the colors I already used on the layout. Just a little touch. Than I found the little journaling card by My minds eye from their Tres Jolie line and cut those cute little birds out, as I thought it would go perfect with the layout as well and did't want the colors of the flowers to over bear the page, so it kind of tones it down. I also added the printed acetate on top of my picture to frame it, and I love the look of that, but sure if pain on the butt to take a decent photo of the layout with that on top...hehehe. Oh.....and I did a lot of gold leafing around my letters and some on my butterfly.

So, hope you like it as much as I do.





Thanks for looking. I am hoping to make a card this morning also for this week's 2Sketches4You sketch, at least I am trying to squeeze it in, as I have to leave early this afternoon to Santa Monica. My school starts today and it will be all weekend, so no scrapping for me, and I am totally going to miss out on World Card Making Day, so I have been boohooing about that, but excited about my school, so all is well and I will just have to check out everything on Monday.

Till later....
Eva

8 comments :

Lindsay Spencer said...

I do like it. It's very pretty. I love all the detail.

Kristine said...

Wow Eva!
This LO is beautiful!
And I had a look at the other creations at your blog and you are such an inspiration!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs
Kristine

Ching-a-ling said...

I absolutely love every little thing about this. I want to see this in person to fully appreciate all the little precious details.

I'm so proud of you for what you're embarking on this weekend. :) I can't wait to hear all about it.

carolann said...

This is a stunning lo well done hun xxxx

carina said...

Your layout is AMAZING!!!

heidi baldini said...

Beautiful work!!! As usual!!

rachel whetzel said...

Love the layers and attention to details on this layout!! Stopping in, to say THANK YOU, for stopping and commenting at the GutterGirlz!! Hope to see you back there!!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous!! Awesome work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin