Sunday, September 14, 2008

Urban Anthology kit layout


I got my kit from Urban Anthology this week and finally got to play with it last night and will be playing with more of it of course, but I wanted to share this layout I made with a picture my son and I are on. This picture was very emotional to scrap, as it was one of the last pictures he and I took together last year in February (yes, a year and a half ago), as he moved to Iowa with his Dad. We are very close, so we talk a lot, but I only got to see him once for his spring vacation since than. He races Nascar now, so getting away during his summer vacation was just not possible, but I sure hope to see him during his winter vacation, as I am starting to have major withdrawals. I plan on doing a hidden journaling with a pull tab behind the photo and pretty much pour my heart out, as I think we all need to put our feelings, down when we feel so passionate about something. But for now, it is done, and I hope you like it.

I used Chatterbox and Tinkering Ink papers and I loved cutting it out, as I just love cutting everything out...hehehehe. I also sewed on this layout with my trusty sewing machine, which was fun. Anyway, here is the picture, and I am going to the gym now, but first going to Michaels as I have a 50% off coupon and I am sure something is calling my name....I can just hear it....hehehe....Have a fabulous rest of the Sunday and till later...... Eva

6 comments :

Kari said...

Great Layout Eva! I'm glad you had a chance to bust into the kit.

Lindsay Spencer said...

I'm so sad for you. I know you feel like you want him to be happy, but it still hurts. Hopefully some day you can be closer. Your page is very cute.

Karen said...

I love the sentiment of this layout Eva. This is so beautiful and I love how you worked the kit on this layout! Awesome!! :0)

carolann said...

Brilliant Lo love the colours you have used hun well done xxxx

Ching-a-ling said...

I know this was a very emotional layout when I saw it Eva. I know you miss him so much, and yet have to balance supporting him in chasing after his own dream. What a tight rope to balance as I know it tugs at your heart strings. Your layout is beautiful Eva, and yet with the colors and patterns you chose, it also exudes a very strong and masculine feel too. Just fabulous work work my friend and sending you a big hug all the way from over here.

Lisa Spiegel said...

What a beautiful sentiment...and great layout!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin